Panic and News

"Hi Flapjack, I'm happy to see you too, so hey can I talk to you about something....".

Flapjack tilted his head and chirped questioningly as if asking him what he was talking about.

Hunter sighed. "Ok so I've never told anyone this before, but well, I think I'm gay but I'm not sure, I just need to make sure I'm not developing a crush on Edric, that would be really bad. What if Belos finds out. He can't find out I might be gay or else..."

Hunter looked down at his lap and tears started to form in his eyes. He quickly brushed them away and continued his sentence.

"He can't find out I might be gay or else it would happen again, and that's a risk I'm not willing to take." As Hunter uttered the word it, he touched the scar on his cheek with a shaking hand, he shivered then pulled his hand away.

Flapjack tweeted asking what the it was that he was talking about.

"Oh it's nothing important just-"

Before Hunter could continue there was a knock at his door, and a high pitched voice he knew all too well.

"Golden Guard, the Emperor requires your presence, do not keep him waiting, he's awfully mad at you, I can only imagine what you've done this time," Kikimora announced, before walking away. Hunter froze on the spot, his heart started beating faster, his breathing becoming fast.

He knows, he knows. HOW DOES HE KNOW!  Hunter started freaking out. Flapjack landed on his shoulder to help calm him down. It eased Hunter a bit so he could catch his breath.

After a minute he managed to collect himself. "Ok, I'm sure he doesn't know, he can't know, but um Flapjack, if I'm not back in like an hour, I need you to go to the human, I'm sure you'll be safe with her at the owl shack." Hunter grabbed his mask and started to head to the door.

Flapjack nodded his head worriedly taking in what Hunter said.

"Ok Flapjack, stay safe, and...I love you." Hunter quickly said and shut the door. Flapjack tweeted happily and went back to his nest.

. . .

Hunter always hated standing at this door. He was right outside the Emperor's door preparing to knock and then face whatever trouble he's in. You can do this Hunter. After prepping himself he opened the door.

Inside Belos was staring at his unfinished portal once again.

Hunter took a knee. "Emperor, I was informed that you wanted to see me." Hunter tried to mask the nervousness in his voice but it was almost impossible.

"Why so nervous, Hunter." Belos spoke, his calm yet terrifying voice echoing in the room.

"I'm not nervous," Hunter said a little too quickly.

Belos turned around to face Hunter.
"Why are you lying to me?" Belos said slowly and dangerously.

Hunter tried to think of something to say. "I'm sorry, yes I am a bit nervous, it's because Kikimora said you were mad at me." Hunter talked while looking at the ground never once looking up to face him.

"Ah yes, that's why I called you here. I am quite, well not mad, more so disappointed," Belos sighed deeply.

Hunter tried to not let nervous tears prick his eyes. "What have I done wrong emperor."

"Well on patrol today" Hunter heart sank. "You weren't there to stop an attack by the owl lady and her human. Why is that?"

Hunter stuttered out. "I was busy interrogating some fugitives who caused a scene, I believe now that it was a distraction from the owl lady."

Belos looked at Hunter for a moment and then continued talking.

"Well anyways, you weren't there to apprehend them, or at least spy on them. I suppose I will maybe have to change your position in this coven."

Hunter was not expecting this but if anything this was worse, he was getting replaced.

"W-what." Hunter stuttered out.

"Well based on your current patrol locations you just aren't encountering anything that interests me."

Hunter finally looked up at Belos and met his cold eyes.

"And what position will I be moving to?"

Belos smiled a wicked smile, knowing that he had gotten to him. (That bastard)

"Well I'm moving you somewhere that will allow you to get the information I desire. You will be temporarily attending Hexside School so you can spy on the Human."

"What!" Hunter yelled out loud not meaning to. He has a bit of a tendency to yell out what he's thinking sometimes.

"Yes, you will be attending Hexside starting on Monday so you can spy on the human."

Hunter was so relieved but so confused at the same time.

"So my job is to attend Hexside and spy on the human, but she knows my face." Hunter said processing this new plan.

"Yes well you can tell her you wanted to attend Hexside simply to finally feel what school is, and say don't tell the emperor because he'll fire me if he knows I'm here, that will definitely guilt her," Belos planned.

"You're right, she does have a big heart,* Hunter said remembering when she offered a partner ship with him and helped him against Kikimora.

"Right so you have a day to prepare, you will be taking the potions track, seeing as you're powerless, and make sure to gain the human's trust at all costs, and if you fail me, the consequence will be harsh.." Belos warned.

"Yes sir, I promise I won't fail you."

Belos grinned. "Good now go on your nightly patrol, and try not to get too distracted this time, we can't afford it," Belos said with a certain undertone.

Hunter stood up and left Belos' throne room. We went back up to his room for a quick sec to assure Flapjack that he was ok, then he hopped on his staff and began his nightly patrol.

Meanwhile...

Edric was staring out at the sky through his big open window on the second floor. He sat there gazing at the stars which was something he normally didn't do. He couldn't stop thinking about the Golden Guard and how much he really liked pretty much everything about him. But Edric also was upset with himself because he had a crush on basically a celebrity, it was kind of embarrassing. Going around saying, I have a crush on the Golden Guard is more so a stereotypical high school fan girl thing to do, which according to Emira, Edric was quite similar to.

Just as Edric was lost in thought he caught sight of something flying in the distance. There he was, the Golden Guard flying on his staff over to the nearby clearing in the woods. Edric jumped up from where he was and ran to the door. Emira did say he should get to know him more and thats exactly what he was planning to do.

Word Count: 1152

I hope you liked this chapter. I'll post the next chapter hopefully in a day or two, depends on how busy I am. Also Belos is such a jerk, so it's fun to write him as an even bigger jerk, if that's even possible.