Memories Bring Back You

"Collector, we need to have...a discussion about our little Grimwalker...."

The lights started flashing and the collectors shadow form appeared. He was giggling and smiling as always.

"What's wrong now Belos, I did as you asked, I gave the spooky dream to the kid to get him thinking about his past and warn him."

Belos was so sick of having to put up the Collector's whining.

"Yes exactly, and it worked, we've got him worried and doubting himself. Once you don't trust yourself, how could you trust anyone else. Now that he thinks he killed his pathetic friend he's going to want to find out the truth, so when he finds out for himself what actually happened he's going to be too scared to have those feelings again."

"Wow Belos, you're really evil, I almost feel bad for the poor kid."

Belos frowned and looked down. "Well it's his fault for being so much like, him..."

*Meanwhile*

Hunter flew over to the clearing in the woods where he had met Edric for the second time. He had good memories here so he figured it would be a good spot to clear his mind and start remembering.

Hunter sat down on the same log where he and Edric had their discussion and he paused for a moment. He put his staff on the ground next to him and he told Flapjack to stay there but to fly away if anyone dangerous showed up. Hunter still had his mask on so if someone went around wandering they wouldn't be able to recognize him. He crisscrossed his legs and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes and tried a technique he read in an old book he found in Belos' ancient library. The incantation to open your mind and revisit past events.

"Aperi Animo et Meminisse Praeterita"

Hunter has whispered the incantation and at first nothing happened until he felt his mind being whisked into a large yellow forest. He heard laughter and saw two children running around throwing a ball around with each other.

A small boy, with fluffy blond hair, magenta eyes, and a gap tooth was holding the ball. That was Hunter. He was standing across from a boy with fluffy black hair and green eyes, along with one fang poking out over his bottom lip.

Young Hunter spoke up. "Come on Encaro, that's crazy, we're 12, we can't date."

Encaro sighed a bit. "Sure maybe not now, but why not someday, you should just leave the emperor's coven."

"I'm pretty sure my uncle would never let me do that, no matter how much I want to. That way I'd get to spend so much more time with you, and your cute face." Young Hunter said pecking a very small kiss on his cheek.

Encaro laughed. "You're so corny, there are so much better things you could use to flirt, but please bring this up with your uncle."

Young Hunter looked up though tapping his foot. "Ok, I guess I will." They both smiled, laughed then continued playing. Soon the memory faded away and materialized into Belos' thrown room.

Young Hunter was standing infront of a surprisingly much younger looking Belos even though it had only been 4 years ago. He was pleading with his uncle, desperately, voice on the verge of tears.

"But Uncle, Encaro doesn't mean any harm, he's my friend and I really like him, I was just maybe thinking that maybe the Golden Guard isn't the right path for me."

Belos turned around, seething. "You dare defy me, that Witch boy has twisted your mind and put you under his spell into falling in love with him, you don't actually like him Hunter."

Hunter tilted his head. "What do you mean of course I do, your wrong!"

Suddenly a large vine formed in place of Belos' hand and came lunging at Hunter scraping up his right cheek. Hunter fell to the ground weakly, clutching his cheek and trying to catch the oncoming dripping blood from the new formed gash on his cheek.