Nightmares

Warnings: Blood, Trauma, Nightmares, depictions of death

Hunter looked around. He was in a forest. But it wasn't any normal forest, no, everything was gray and decaying. The ground was dirt and the sky was black. Everything around him just looked fake. Then in the distance he saw a big tree with what looked like a picture on it. He slowly made his way over to it, making sure to look around at his surroundings. He felt like he was being watched.

When he got to the picture, what was displayed was horrific. The picture displayed blood, lots and lots of blood. Along with his uncle he too was covered in blood but not his own. It showed his uncle holding on to the bloody lifeless corpse of someone he once knew.

Hunter started shaking and backing away.

"No, no, you....you said he would be just taught a lesson, not this, not to this extent!!!"

Hunter fell to ground, tears pooling out his eyes. The pictures he just saw flashing in his eyes.

This can't be real, this can't be real....

"Oh but it is..." Hunter heard a chilling voice. How did he know what I was thinking. He picked his tear stricken face up and saw his uncle standing there, covered in the same blood he was in the picture. Holding the same jagged knife that was plunged into the body in the picture...the memory.

"Belos, h-how could you, you said you wouldn't hurt him that you would just make sure he stayed away." Hunter spoke in a shaky tone.

"Yes, and I did make sure of that, he's dead isn't he, he'll definitely stay away now, also I didn't hurt him....you did."

Hunter breathed out then looked down at his hands now covered blood. He looked down and saw the body now infront of him and the dagger was in his hands, leaving a small gash in his hand, from the sharpness of the blade. Belos was now nowhere in sight.

Hunter backed away from the body terrified.

"No, NO, I couldn't have, I didn't it was you, it was you!!!!"

Hunter put his hands on the sides of his head. "It's just a dream, it's just a dream, it's not real Hunter, ITS NOT REAL!!!!"

Hunter flung up in bed screaming, his body soaked with sweat and trembling. Edric swung up in bed, along with Gus having heard Hunter. Edric put on hand on his shoulder.

"Hunter, are you okay?" Gus stood up and walked towards the bed worried for him too.

"Yeah, yeah I'm okay now, it was just a really bad nightmare, I get them sometimes, it's okay, I'll be fine."

Gus and Edric snuck a worried glance at each other. "Okay just please let us know if anything else happens." Hunter weakly nodded and layed back down. He had no intention of falling back to sleep. Everytime he closed his eyes he saw flashes of the blood, and the knife, and him...

Hunter suddenly felt something grab his hand and hold on tightly. He looked over and saw Edric holding his hand, his eyes were closed trying to seem asleep. Hunter was going to saw something but the touch was soothing so he didn't protest.

Hunter was soon being lulled into sleep when Edric started rubbing circles with his thumb on the back of Hunter's hand.

*Morning*

"Wakey, wakey sleepy head!!!!! Breakfast is ready!!!!" Hunter groaned slightly and put his hand over his eyes to block the light streaming in from the open window.

Hooty had opened the window and doing his wakeup call for the final person alseep. "Everyone else is already down there, your boyfriend said you should sleep in more." Now Hunter was awake. He shot up and stared at Hooty. "He's not my boyfriend, and I'll be down in a couple minutes."

"Well based on the way you two were cuddling last night I'd say it was quite couple like."

Hunter blushed. Of course they cuddled. Oh shit, did Gus see??? That'll be a topic for another day.

*Meanwhile...*

Everyone else was downstairs at the table waiting for Hunter to come down after they just sent Hooter off to wake him. Edric was extremely flustered all morning and nobody knew why, except maybe Gus.

"Ed, why are you all, out of it?" Emira had never seen her brother act like this. His face was red and he was fumbling over his words a little.

"I think I know why," Gus shouted. Everyone turned to Gus while Edric just sighed in looked down, knowing there was no point in trying to talk him out of it. He would just have to face the embarrassment.

Gus started the story and little did everyone know that Hunter was ease dropping.

"So when we woke up this morning Hunter was still out like a light and Edric didn't want to wake him so he tried to get up and slip out of the bed without waking him, but Hunter wrapped an arm around his waist before he could, and said in a really sleepy voice, "Edric....stay." Edric groaned slightly from embarrassment. Hunter turned red.

Did I really do that?

Everyone started laughing a bit, but didn't take it too far as to make Edric uncomfortable. When the laughter calmed down Hunter took this as his cue to make sure his face wasn't red anymore and walk out to the kitchen.

Edric looked at him right away and gave a wave with a shy smile. "Hey Blondie, sleep well."

Hunter chuckled slightly. "Yeah until I woken by the owl tube beast."

Willow spoke up. "Yeah that's Hooty, we sent him to wake you up."

Hunter sat down at the table as Eda came walking in to deliver the breakfast to everyone. After that she sat down. Hunter ate gladly as he watched everyone talking and laughing so easily and casually.

Was this what having a family was like?

Belos never sat to eat with Hunter, like ever. Usually Hunter would eat in his room or in the dining room. Sometimes Steve would accompany him, but it just wasn't the same, no matter how great Steve was.

After breakfast was done. Everyone went and got dressed, and prepared to get going back home. Hunter was extremely nervous, that meant he'd have to report to Belos, but what would he report. Luz and Eda weren't really planning anything.

Except...

Raine!

That's it, he could just tell the Emperor about Raine's connection to The Owl Lady.

Everyone said there goodbyes. The only ones actually leaving were Emira, Viney, Edric, and Hunter. Amity, Gus, and Willow decided to stay with Luz to hang out. Viney was going back to Blight Manor with the twins so Hunter was about to alone going down his own path to his "home".

"Well this is where we part ways, see ya Blondie." Edric said walking over and giving Hunter a quick hug which Hunter quickly reciprocated and didn't want to let go of for some reason.

Emira and Viney said a quick goodbye and then they were gone. Hunter trudged through the forest until he came upon the emperor's castle. Fearing what might await for him inside, Hunter felt a sudden pain in his hand. He looked at it and saw a small cut, it was in the same spot the dagger cut him in his dream.

"Oh shit..."

Word Count: 1195

Wow guys look I finally updated, woohoo!!!

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter. Shit is finally going to start coming together in the next few chapters, hopefully, unless I drag it out even further.

Also who do you think that body was in Hunter's dream/vision?