20

Hermione, Harry, and Ron walked alongside Hagrid as they went to have a cup of tea at Hagrid's hut. While they drank their tea, they proceeded to discuss about what had happened about Harry's broom. 

"It was Snape," Ron was explaining, "Hermione and I saw him. He was cursing your broomstick, muttering, he wouldn't take his eyes off you." 

"Rubbish," Hagrid said, "Why would Snape do something like that?" 

The three of them shared a look with each other before silently deciding to tell Hagrid the truth. 

"I found out something about him. He tried to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween. It bit him. We think he was trying to steal whatever it's guarding." Harry explained. Hagrid dropped the teapot. 

"How do you know about Fluffy?" he asked. 

"Fluffy?" Ron said in disbelief. 

"Yeah--he's mine--bought him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub last year. I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the--" 

"Yes?" Harry ask, eagerly. 

"Now don't ask me anymore!" Hagrid blurted out, "That's top secret, that is!" 

"But Snape's trying to steal it." 

"Rubbish! Snape's a Hogwarts teacher, he'd do nothing of the sort." 

"So why did he just try and kill Harry?" Cried Hermione, "I know a jinx when I see one. I've read all about them! You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking at all, I saw him!" 

"I'm telling you, you're all wrong!" Hagrid said, "I don't know why Harry's broom acted like that, but Snape wouldn't try and kill a student! Now, listen to me, all three of you. You're meddling in things that don't concern you. It's dangerous. You forget that dog, and you forget what it's guarding. That's between Professor Dumbledore and Nicolas Flamel." 

"Who's Nicolas Flamel?" Harry asked. Hagrid paused before mumbling that he shouldn't have said that. 

Christmas was coming up and Hermione was looking forward to. She had so many questions she needed to ask her Grandma about. She was curious for her Grandma to explain herself about lying that she hadn't come to Hogwarts and that she had lied about not being a wizard. She had attempted to write letters, but Grandma avoided those questions. It left Hermione wondering if she was hiding them for a reason. Now since she was going home, Grandma had to answer her. 

They were just finishing with their classes when McGonagall had came for people to sign up if they weren't going home where she informed Hermione the news. 

"Your Grandma had sent a letter discussing that she feels it would be best for you to stay here over the holidays." McGonagall finished telling Hermione. She knew what it was really about. Grandma did this to avoid telling her things.  Hermione was furious. So furious that when she went storming to the library she almost ran into Hagrid. 

"Hi, Hagrid. Want any help?" She asked, pushing some branches away. 

"Nah, I'm all right. Thanks, Hermione." 

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" Came Malfoy's cold drawl, "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Granger? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose-- that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to?"  

Hermione's fists tighten as she turned around, nearly face to face. 

"Shut up, Malfoy! The only reason you're being such a bloody brat is because you are upset you don't have any real friends! You only have idiot goons, who do your bidding! They don't really care for you! They only care because you're a stupid pureblood wizard! And believe me when I tell you, Malfoy, the moment you fall six feet under, Crabbe and Goyle will be onto the next stupid pureblood wizard! Plus you don't really have a family, do you? I mean your Mom and Dad only had you to continue the pureblood bloodline, which trust me, that little voice in your tiny head saying your parents don't really love you and that you are their disappointment is telling the truth! They probably are at home wishing they had another child instead of you!" Hermione shouted at him. 

"HERMIONE!" Hagrid shouted. Hermione turned her head as she noticed there was now a crowd of people around, staring in disbelief as they mumbled at what Hermione had said. Hermione's eyes widened when she finally grasped what she had said. She opened her mouth to say she was sorry, but Draco was already running down the hallway. 

"Oh, Hermione. You shouldn't have taken it that far. That was rather harsh." Hagrid told her, lightly patting her shoulder. 

"I-- I-- I didn't mean to say it. I was so-- so mad! My Grandma sent a letter saying I'm to spend the holidays here and then Draco said what he said and I just-- snapped." Hermione tried to explained. Hermione was horrified with what she said. She never gone off on something that harshly before. Hagrid sighed. 

"I know how you feel Hermione, but that's no excuse to insult someone." Hagrid told her, "Come on, you can help me put up the tree." 

Hermione nodded her head sorrowfully while she tried to hide behind Hagrid, not wanting to be stared down by the people in the hallway that heard her.