156

Hermione was walking around the corridors. She had missed the quidditch match because she was still mad at Ron. Even though part of her knew Ron probably didn't mean to say those word, she still felt awful he brought up the fact she was even related to that monster. She swears every time she would catch a glimpse of him whenever she happened upon her own reflection. She was just walking around the corner when she saw Harry and George walking down the corridors towards her, looking grim. 

"Hi, George... Harry, what's wrong?" She asked them while they came to a stop a few feet away from her. 

"We've been banned from the quidditch team... including Fred by Umbridge because we got into a fight with Malfoy, who was insulting us our family,... for the rest of her time at Hogwarts." Harry told her. Hermione's jaw dropped. 

"What? She can't do that?" 

"But she can, Hermione" George claimed, "She has another decree to back her up so she can now give us whatever punishment she wants." 

"How many decrees are there going to be? I swear she's obsessed with making those." Hermione claimed, shaking her head. 

"Oh! It gets worst! Hermione, Umbridge is looking for you. Apparently, there's something she needs to give you in her office right away. We're not entirely what it is she needs to give you. " Harry stated to her. Hermione's eyes widened. 

"I don't want to go to her office! Especially by myself... who knows what she'll do with me if I go alone." Hermione confessed to them. 

"But you have to. You either go to her office or get summoned by Filch or have her hunt you down in front of the school." George warned her. Hermione grumbled before shaking her head, knowing she had to do this or else. 

"Fine! If I go missing, you know who is responsible." Hermione told them as she stormed down the hallway and headed towards Umbridge's office. 

Hermione stood outside Umbridge's office for a moment before finding her courage to knock on the door. 

"Come in," Umbridge's voice echoed through the door. Hermione turned the knob as she pushed the door opened and entered into the office. Umbridge was sitting behind her desk, creepily stirring her tea in a slow manner as her eyes watched the tea stir away in the cup. 

"Good evening, Miss Granger. I see you got my message from someone that I needed to give you something." She said as she got up from behind her desk as she pulled out an unwrapped box from a side chair while she walked over to her, "We had to expect your package for any suspicious items that may or may not be inside, which is why it is unwrapped." 

Hermione took hold of the box, though she knew Umbridge really wanted to see if there was any hint of the Order or any of the D.A., as she pulled off the lid. Within the box... was a twisted tiara that looked like it was made from emeralds in the shape of ivy leaves with a ruby rose in the center. It was one of those tiara that laid against your face. There was a note inside (which had been torn open). 

"It's a gift from your Grandma Delores Bickerman. Something about it's time you were bestowed this and that her sister may be upset with her for it, but she doesn't give a... to politely rephrase 'care' about it at all." Umbridge stated to her, "Do you know why your Grandma would send you something like this?" 

"No... I'm not sure." Hermione said though she could see in Umbridge's face that she didn't believe a word that Hermione was saying. However, Umbridge dismissed her without another word or tried to keep the gift. 

"Why did your Grandma give you this?" Ron asked, pointing at the crown in Hermione's hand after she told them the story of Umbridge going through her mail and the gift her Grandma had given her. Harry was staring at the strange crown as Hermione shrugged her shoulders. 

"I'm not entirely sure what she was wanting me to do with this thing." Hermione explained to them, "But Grandma Delores clearly wanted me to have this even though Grandma Elka wouldn't agree with her giving it to me." 

"Is it enchanted maybe?" Harry suggested to her. Hermione shrugged her shoulders as she lifted the crown upward before slowly setting it on her face. For a moment, nothing happened until they noticed her eyes started to glow a bright lime-green color as her body began to go limp. Harry sat up in his chair, staring at Hermione, before shooting Ron a look before turning back to Hermione. 

"Hermione? Hermione?" Harry called out as he stood up from his seat while Ron was shaking Hermione's shoulders. 

Hermione... Hermione, can you hear us... Hermione... 

Hermione shot her head up as she heard Ron's and Harry's voice echoing throughout the air. She was surrounded by an empty, all-white room. Her eyes darted around in search for any sign of where Harry and Ron were, but they weren't anywhere. 

"Harry? Ron? Anybody?" she called out, her words echoing around her. But no one answered her though she could hear Ron and Harry talking to her. She slowly walked around, searching for someone to help her. Suddenly Hermione saw the shadow of something in the distance. 

"Hello? Who's there?" she called out to the shadow figure. Soon the shadow began to grow bigger and bigger as it was walking towards her. The shadow began to take form of a beautiful older woman, dressed in fine velvet robes. Hermione's eyes widened when she started to recognized who the woman is. 

"Hello, Hermione, you called," Betty White asked, with a gentle grin across her lips.