48

Hermione was famished when they got to lunch. Herbology was fun with the mandrakes, except for this annoying Hufflepuff boy named Justin Finch-Fletchley, who kept talking about Lockhart. She did quickly informed Ron of what Lockhart had said about her Grandma, which caused him to slightly laugh. She couldn't believe Lockhart was that foolish. He was either extremely dumb or he was blinded by his overconfidence that he overlooked the sight of anyone who doesn't care for him. He certainly did that with Professor Sprout. Transfiguration was a fun class today. Hermione easily turned tons of beetles into perfect coat buttons. Harry was having a hard time and only seemed to be able to give the beetle some exercise. But it wasn't as bad as poor Ron, who's wand had broke in the car when they were being attacked by the Whomping Willow. And when Ron saw her buttons, he seemed to be even more down in the dumps. 

Harry did suggest Ron could write home and ask for another wand, but Ron was too afraid of getting another Howler by his Mom. Hermione wasn't exactly thrilled for her next class. It was Defense Against the Dark Arts class and it was taught by none other than Lockhart. After what he had said about him being friends with her Grandma when she knew it was a lie, she didn't want to go to class but she didn't want to afford not going. However, when she read all of Lockhart's books they was something fishy about them. There was no way a mere someone, even a skilled wizard, could do all the things Lockhart claimed he did. 

Suddenly her focus shifted when a bright flash came flooding her whole sight. She turned to see this first-year Gryffindor, clinging onto a camera. 

"Hi! I'm Colin Creevey! I'm in Gryffindor, too! Do you mind signing my photo?" he asked Harry. 

"Pardon?" Harry asked. 

"So I can prove I've met you," Colin said eagerly before going on about what Harry did in first year to how someone told him about developing solution to make pictures move to how he's taking photos for his parents, who are Muggles before asking if Harry would mind taking a photo with him then signing that one. 

"Signed photos? You're giving out signed photos, Potter?" 

Hermione turned to see Draco at the Slytherin's table with Crabbe and Goyle sitting right beside him. 

"Everyone line up!" Malfoy roared, "Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!" 

"No, I'm not!" Harry shouted back, "Shut up, Malfoy!" 

"You're just jealous!" Colin piped up. It earned a couple of laughs from Malfoy's goons. 

"Jealous? Of what? I don't want a foul scar right across my head, thanks. I don't think getting your head cut open makes you special." Malfoy shouted at Harry. 

"Oh eat slugs, Malfoy!" Ron said angrily. 

"Be careful, Weasley," Sneered Malfoy, "You don't want to start any trouble or your Mommy'll have to come and take you away from school. 'If you put another toe out of line--' Remember?" 

A group of Slytherin fifth-years nearby laughed loudly at this. 

"Weasley would like a signed photo, Potter," Smirked Malfoy, "It'd be worth more than his family's whole house--" 

Ron made a move to whip out his taped wand when Hermione stood up in front of them. 

"Shut it, Malfoy! Or else you'll like another crocodile flying right at you again?" Hermione threatened, pointing her wand out at him. Malfoy stiffened his hand clenching and unclenching like he wanted to grab his wand but was fighting the urge. 

"Go on Draco! Let the Mudblood have it!" Goyle told Draco. Everyone gasped at what Goyle said. Hermione felt her body stiffened till Draco noticed something off about Malfoy. He seemed to freeze with terror when Goyle said it as he was shaking his head. Hermione narrowed her eyes.