175

"He did not call your mother that!?" Hermione hissed while they were hovering over the booklets of numerous careers in the wizarding world. Harry told her the memory he had witnessed and why he wasn't going to be taking any more Occlumency lessons anymore, but he had pleaded with her not to inform Ron about it. She understood. She could tell how Harry seemed upset at the thought of his father being a bully like Snape had stated to Harry on numerous cases. 

"But that's nothing like your own dream... what did you say you saw?" Harry asked her. 

"It was a place... full of dragons... and there was a cave with these strange markings... the person wanted to go in, but couldn't... and that was when the woman said my name... and then I was back here." Hermione explained to him while picking up a booklet on ministry work, "I think it's Romania... you know like Moody was referring to at St. Mungo." 

"Could be." Harry mumbled still thinking about the memory. 

She wished she could help Harry with his issue, but she doubt even she could help ease his mind. So she went back to looking at the career options that were set out for them. Hermione was sure she wanted to get a career in the ministry just like Rose had done. As she was looking over the requirements working for the Care of Magical creatures, she could overhear Harry now talking with Fred and George, who were planning to help Harry with talking with Sirius. Hermione advised against this given that she knew Harry might not like what Sirius would have to say to explain what James had done to Snape. 

Throughout the next day, Hermione advised Harry against trying to contact Sirius, but Harry seemed to have made up his mind about it. Harry avoided her for most of the remaining of the day, probably tired of hearing her trying to convince him against doing what he was planning. But she had other things to worry about when she found herself in McGonagall's office where she found Umbridge sitting in a chair near McGonagall's desk. 

"Miss Granger, if you please sit." McGonagall said while motioning to the seat in front of her. Hermione hurried to the seat and sat down, keeping her eyes directly on McGonagall and avoiding looking at Umbridge altogether. 

"Have you any ideas of what you would like to do after you leave Hogwarts?" McGonagall asked her. 

"Well-- I was thinking of getting into the Ministry under the regulations of Magical Creatures like my great-great grandmother Rose was." Hermione admitted to McGonagall. A laugh slipped from Umbridge's mouth, causing Hermione glare in her direction before returning her gaze over to McGonagall. 

"Of course, an exceptional lady she was. Lets see," McGonagall said while she looked over the leaflet, "they're require you to have at least five N.E.W.T.s, two of which are in charms and Care of Magical Creatures, obviously. I also advise you to take Defense Against the Dark Arts since you'll probably have to face with dark witches, most specifically poachers, and potions... do you need a cough drop, Dolores?" 

McGonagall turned a slide glance over to Umbridge, who had been non-stop coughing to draw her attention. 

"Minerva, I believe you be aware that Miss Granger hasn't been doing well in my classroom." Umbridge said. Hermione wanted to curse her and mention how she was only doing it because Hermione was a muggleborn and Umbridge clearly was against muggleborns. 

"Well previously, she got high rankings in the other years, and Professor Lupin even said Hermione is the brightest witch of her age and I for one believe it to be so." McGonagall claimed, "So if Hermione wants to be in the Department of Regulations of Magical Creatures someday, I assure you, she will do so as she pleased." 

Umbridge opened her mouth to speak when McGonagall stood up from her desk. 

"Now Hermione this concludes our session." McGonagall informed her before motioning her off, "I trust you have a lot of studying to do." 

Hermione didn't waste a moment as she hurried along the corridors. She hoped she might be able to run into Harry again if it meant convincing him not to go through with his silly plan. However, before she could find Harry, a loud explosion was heard echoing through the corridors. 

"What the bloody hell is happening?" Hermione turned to see Umbridge rushing out of the classroom and hurried along towards where the noise was coming from.  She watch Umbridge vanish around the corner and was about to follow after her to see what the twins had done when...

"Hermione!" 

Hermione spun around. Her eyes widened completely. Standing at the end of the hallway was none other than Barty Crouch Jr. He was grinning ear to ear as he waved towards her. 

"Hold it!" Hermione told him as she rushed towards him. Of course, Barty bolted in the other direction. Hermione pushed herself to keep up with Barty, who was taunting her with 'Come and get me' or 'Come on, Mione! Catch up!' 

They continued running until Hermione lost sight of him behind a pair of heavy double-sided doors. Hermione burst through them, but paused when she saw Barty wasn't anywhere in sight. She spun around, trying to spot him, but there was nothing but an endless corridor. Where could he have gone, Hermione wondered to herself as she saw there were no windows or doors for him to find. Just as she was about to turn and leave, the sound of stone shifting caught her attention. 

He peered over her shoulder to see the wall starting to shift as a silver door with a frame appearing like it made out of vines appeared. On the top of the frame there was a head of a dragon that Hermione did not recognize at all. As she moved closer to the door, the eyes lit up. She could hear gears twirling and turning somewhere inside. The door swung open to reveal a dark, dusty corridor covered with cobwebs. She peered a little closer inside, just to see if there was something inside, when she felt herself being shoved inward. 

"AH!" She screamed as she collided face first against the floor. She groaned as she felt blood dripping from her nose and a cut in her bottom lip. Hermione lifted her head from the ground when she heard the gears turning again. She pushed herself onto her backside to see Barty Crouch standing in the doorway as the door began to shut. 

"NO!" Hermione screamed as she pulled herself up. However, she wasn't fast enough as she watched Barty's vanish behind the door. As soon as it shut, the door began to vanish completely... leaving Hermione stuck in the corridor.