3

Hermione followed eagerly behind Grandma Elka as she stared amused at the beautiful sights around her. They walked onward as Hermione came across a strange sign that read...

Enter, stranger, but take heed

of what awaits the sin of greed, 

for those who take, but do not earn, 

must pay most dearly in their turn. 

So if you seek beneath our floors 

A treasure that was never yours, 

Thief, you have been warned, beware 

of finding more than treasure there. 

Hermione couldn't help but find herself grabbing a tighter hold of her Grandma's hand while they proceeded forward. She gasped a little when she found not other wizards but people that appear like they were...

"Hermione, I want you to stay close to me. These are Goblins. They're clever, but ruthless. Not to be messed with. I also don't want you to make deals with them. They're known for backstabbing." Grandma Elka warned her. Hermione nodded her head as she pressed herself against her Grandma's side. Soon they came up to a counter. 

"Morning, Sir," Grandma Elka spoke to a goblin, who was free, "We've come to withdraw some money from a Mrs. Hermione Granger's vault." 

"You have her key, ma'am?" 

"Yes, right here." Grandma Elka stated while pulling out a small silver key and lightly waving it around like it was a winning lottery ticket, "Also if you don't mind, a quick stop to a... um... Miss Betty White's vault," She had whispered the name, "I must take something out." 

Though her parents didn't seem to hear the name, Hermione did and she narrowed her eyes in confusion at her Grandma. Who was Betty White and why were they needing to stop by her vault? And to get what exactly? And how did her Grandma know this Betty White person? The goblin nodded in understanding as he motioned for another goblin to lead them to the vaults. 

Hermione hadn't been expecting the ride throughout the vaults, which she was extremely excited about. It was like being on a roller coaster ride. Even though her parents didn't care for it, Hermione would enjoy going on it again and again. They finally stopped at a vault and everyone (except for her parents) climbed out of the cart. 

"Key please?" the goblin asked. Grandma Elka handed it to the goblin, who slipped it into a lock and clicked it. The door swung opened and Hermione's mouth dropped. Not only was she staring at rows upon rows of gold, silver and bronze coins, but jewels of all colors and sizes, jewelry and other expensive items Hermione never imagine possible to be in her life. 

"Gold ones are Galleons," She explained to Hermione, "seventeen silver Sickles to a Galleon and twenty-nine Knuts to a Sickle. It's easy enough once you've get the hang of it." 

Grandma Elka helped Hermione collect enough coins so she had enough for a few terms and a little extra in case Hermione wanted to get herself a little extra. Once they were done, Grandma Elka told Hermione to wait in the cart as she and the goblin headed to the vault next door. 

"Won't be a moment, dearie. And if you could make sure your parents don't vomit on the cart, that would be great." Grandma asked her before vanishing behind a pillar. Hermione peered down the walkway as she watched the goblin run his hands over the door. It slid open as Grandma Elka scurried inside. Soon Grandma Elka appeared again with a small bag and a rather large box, which she slid inside the bag with no real trouble. Hermione hurried onto the cart as Grandma Elka and the goblin returned. 

"Now to Madam Malkin's. It's best to get your uniform done with first," Grandma stated to Hermione. Hermione nodded but didn't say anything or question her Grandma about the mysterious object she had taken from Miss White's vault... though she was dying to find out about it.