Three

I sit up, jumping as Eric bangs his hand into the door.

"Get up! In the Pit in thirty!"

It's nearly laughable as I hear him order us awake. I was so used to having my father wake me, that this is a sudden change.

I was usually awaken by my father's poor attempts at tiptoeing, yet Eric had been completely stealthy at entering... or I had been asleep a little too deeply.

Either way, I sat up, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, and swinging my feet over the edge.

I ran my fingers through my hair, but they got stuck mid-stroke. I walked to a mirror and saw the tangled, clumped mess I called hair, nearly sticking upward.

I blushed immensely, before I heard a chuckle, becoming flustered in the process. My ears warmed, not from embarassment, but from anger.

I turned to find the source of the laughter, seeing it come from the bane of my existence. Eric.

My teeth gritted together, before I went back to the drawer at my bedside, snatching up my comb, toothbrush, and toothpaste.

I grumbled under my breath, and began to brush my teeth at the sink in thr bathroom, Quinn behind me as I continued to do so, as she did the same.

Her red curls weren't any better than my hair, the frizzy mass covering her face.

But why had Eric made me his target all of a sudden? This was the third time he's tried to usurp me, and he was starting to get under my skin.

Maybe, that's what he wanted though.

I shrug my feelings off, brushing my teeth, still muttering curses at Eric under my breath.

As if I had beckoned him, or as if he heard me (considering I was mumbling pretty low, for this to be a possibility, he had to have some huge ears), he rested his hand on the wall, the toes of his boots resting near my ankles, barely covered by my black socks, and I felt his eyes all over me.

I felt my face warm up curiously, feeling self-conscious at my sudden decision of pajamas.

I figured now would be a bad time for me to have on a pair of shorts that my father would kill me for wearing, and a mere sports bra. The sports bra wasn't a problem, it was the shorts. They rested right under the dip of where my thighs met my behind.

And with Eric lingering behind me while I was slightly bent, that only made it worse.

I turned to face him, raising my head as he lowered his to my level. My toothbrush was hanging from the corner of my mouth.

"Is there a problem, Initiate?"

I bite on my tongue to swallow a curse, and shake my head.

As if by accident, as I open my mouth to reply, a small bit of toothpaste hits his jaw. My toothbrush falls from my mouth, and I cover my mouth with my hands.

The others break into laughter, starting with Quinn and Mason.

I rinse my mouth, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste, backing away slowly.

Eric grits his teeth, eyes dark. His fists clinch at his sides, as I smooth out my hair, pale. My eyes are wide, waiting for him to retaliate, but my father saves me at the last moment.

"Lillian." He calls from the doorway, and I sigh in relief. I slide past him, biting on my lip.

I walk out the accommodation, standing straight up. I shiver at the thought that this conversation may have something to do with Eric.