Four

For the next week or so, we repeat everything we've done. After that day though, we never trained with the Transfers. Not again, anyways.

After training, I was always tired.  I was nearly always sleeping, but when I wasn't, I was with Quinn, Mason, alongside Zella, and another transfer named Greyson, who was the curly-haired boy from our first session of knife-throwing.

We had all become good friends, but clearly, there was an rising attraction between Mason and Zella.

I didn't mind, I thought it was relatively cute. But, hanging out with other Dauntless-born was keeping Eric from calling me out.

I was still feeling paranoid from Eric bringing up my mother, and it was affecting me in the worse ways.

Currently, Mason and I were practicing, throwing punches at each other. Mason swung at me, and I duck under his arm, punching at his stomach.

He gasped, before laughing. "Damn, Li. That hurt."

"My bad," I laugh. He shakes his arms out.

"Let's go again," He laughs, before swinging at me again.

I hold up my forearm to block him, feeling it smack into my skin. I yelp, before kneeing him in the stomach.

He grunts before Eric walks in the room, the Transfers following him. We pull apart, watching him move.

He and Four stand to the left of the sparring ring, as Eric clears his throat.

"Initiates, gather round, we're going to put your skills to the test. You've had plenty of days to practice. Let's see how you put them to work!"

Four turns over a whiteboard in his hand, Lauren holding one also in her hands.

"Those of you who are fighting, you will fight until one of you concedes," Eric continues. "We will announce who wins each round. Dauntless-born, you all will go first! Transfers, watch and learn!"

Lauren shows Eric her board, and Eric yells out, "Quinn, Tia, in the ring!"

Quinn wins, easily, although she looked pained to do so. After Quinn's fight, it is Mason and a boy named Kaden.

Mason takes Kaden down easily, helping Kaden up after he does so.

Eric looks at me, calling out the last fight for the Dauntless-born.

"Michael, Lian! In the ring!" Eric yells.

I pull off my shoes, and trudge into the ring, going into my stance. My left foot goes behind me, my right in front of me, my weight leaning in front of me.

I curl my fingers into fists. We both look to Eric, waiting for his say-so.

"You may begin." Eric nods. At that very moment, my father enters the room, sending chills all into my being.

I had to win this.

Michael, although I had never spoken a word to him, his green eyes are filled with determination and anger.

I don't understand where it comes from, or why it would be directed at me, but I narrow my eyes in return.

I put my arms over my chest, held out to block, waiting for him to make the first move. I purse my lips as he swings his fist at my shoulder, and I snatch back to keep him from hitting me.

My left foot goes back and I straighten up, lurching forward and punching him in the jaw.

"Kick his ass, Li!" Mason yells, Zella standing nearby and clapping in agreement.