Thirteen

"You can't!" I scream at him, pulling away from him, brushing my hair back with my hands. "You physically can't!"

"Why? Is it because you think I'm a monster? Because you think I killed Emery?"

"No... I mean, I don't know!" I shake my head. "It's because everyone who says that dies! My mom said that, and I don't want you to be next! So just don't, okay?"

I sit up quickly from the chair, Four reaching out to grab my shoulder to steady me.

I pant for air, rubbing my face. Eric sits behind the computer, looking surprised. He quirks a brow, but doesn't question it.

"You good?" Four questions, raising his eyebrows. He looks as if he'd like to ask what the fear was about, but doesn't.

I knew if he was really curious, he could and probably would pull it back up to be examined by him.

"I'm fine," I tell him, brushing his hand away. "How long?"

Eric rests his chin on his hands, looking disinterested, clearly in thought. His jaw is clinched, and,I shake slightly.

"Eric," Four says, looking over at the Dauntless leader. "How long was she in for?"

Eric snaps out of whatever haze he's in, before he looks back at the computer. "Seven minutes, fourty-five seconds."

I nod hastily, before standing to my feet, hurriedly walking out the room. All I hear is the sounds of my feet pacing against the floor, my hand covering my mouth.

I didn't know how to feel. Even with Eric telling me that Emery had jumped... I guess I really didn't believe him.

I didn't want to go through my fear landscape, not again. I felt like there would be more things about Eric in there that I wasn't planning on seeing.

I wasn't ready for that, especially not with the overwhelming guilt of knowing I had accused him of something he had already told me he didn't do.

I just wanted to lay down, to sleep, so I trudged off to the Accommodation, kicking my boots off at my bedside and climbing into my bed.

I pulled off my jeans, laying in my black panties and a black tank top. I pulled my blanket over my legs, and closed my eyes, trying to sleep.

Hearing the silence of the room allows me to sleep with ease, and I nuzzle my pillow, dozing off.

I flutter my eyes open, waking up in darkness. I hear soft groans, and worriedly, I slip out of bed.

Not bothering to put my pants on, I jog barefoot to find the source of the noise. Barely halfway in between the Transfer and Dauntless-born accommodations, I jump back and scream as I see a person in the floor.

I drop to my knees, brushing back the curly black hair. Greyson.

His pale face is bruised, purple and blue blotches scattered over his skin. Blood stains his shirt, along with his face, and I cover my mouth.

"Someone help!" I scream, easing his head on my thigh. I'm crying now, tears rolling down my cheeks.

I hear people begin to rush and murmur around me, but I'm still holding Greyson's head in my lap, hot tears rolling down my face.

"Babydoll!" I hear Nikki yell, as I feel her and Shane try to pull me up so the medics could get to Greyson. "Are you hurt, honey?"

I reluctantly let go of Greyson as she pulls me into her arms, and I sniffle. "I'm fine, Nik." I mumble.

She wipes my eyes as Eric walks around the corner, eyes narrowed. I hear him curse under his breath, as he looks around, eyes landing on me.

"Who found him?" He questions, a huskiness in his voice for some strange, utter reason, turns me on.