Twenty-Five

Spending the next two days in the infirmary was not how I want to spend my weekend. But Eric was there when my dad wasn't, but I only wondered what this meant for the two of us.

I knew we couldn't be anything officially, not until after initiation. And I only could hope he found me worth waiting for.

I hated being like this. I had to get shots in my hip every morning, and despite the fact that I could very much so walk, the doctors chose to ignore that. The shots numbed the pain and supposedly strengthened the damaged muscle, and accelerated the healing process.

Our final test was just around the corner, and for some unknown reason, it made me nervous.

Eric and the other leaders all decided to execute Shane, and according to Eric, his execution was last night.

I hadn't seen Eric since early yesterday afternoon. But here he was, walking through the door.

I shoot him a look and mouth, 'Get me out of here,'

He chuckles, and sits on the bed, sighing. After a moment, he looks at me and rubs my side. "You feel like working out?"

"Anything is better than laying in this bed like a small child."

He laughs and wraps his arm around my chest, easing my feet from the blanket I was under. I swing them over thr edge of the bed, lowering my feet to the floor.

Eric looks at my short hair and kisses the nape of my neck. "Mm... I like your haircut."

I smile and slowly rise to my feet, my legs buckling for a second, before I wrap my arms around his neck, steading my weight and legs.

Eric slowly removes his arm from around me, and I walk with a slight lagging in my right side, before I managed to change my clothes.

I slip on a sports bra, and a pair of spandex workout pants. I come out the bathroom, to see him in a dark grey sleeveless spandex shirt, that accentuates his muscles, and he dons a pair of black sweatpants and tennis shoes.

I slip on a pair of black tennis shoes and pull on a thin zip-up jacket.

"Ready?" Eric asks, and I nod.

"Yeah," I tell him, and he rubs my flat stomach, his fingers brushing over my piercing.

I grab his hand, looking up at him, and without another word, he leads me to the training room. He locks the door behind us, and then after, we walk in the middle of the room.

"We need to get the strength back in your legs." He starts to slide to the left, nearly sprinting, and I have to go even faster to keep up with him.

I finally get in front of him and we turn in a 180 degree so that I stand in his place and he stands in mine. He swings a right hook at my right side, and I swipe his hand away.

I swing my left fist at his jaw but it hits his shoulder, and he grunts.

We do that for about an hour before we glisten with sweat, and pant, trying to catch our breath. He grabs my waist, and turns me around, breathing into my ear.

"I think we should shower," he suggests, one hand resting on my stomach.

"Okay, but one request." I smirk.

"Anything." He sighs, kissing the outer shell of my ear.

"You've seen me for who I am... every single layer. The daughter of a leader, the girl that lost her mother, the soldier, and Lillian and Lian. But I haven't seen you. Not completely. There's still walls up when I see you, there's still a part of you that's enigmatic to me."