Six

I've never heard myself scream as loud as I did when I stepped out the shower, Eric leaning against the door.

I had been the only one in the Accommodation, and I had made use of the time, showering by myself. I had took note of being by myself, so I had made no effort to grab my towel.

Now... I was regretting that decision immensely. I narrow my eyes, darting behind the stall door.

I slowly move my head to look at him, my arms covering my breasts.

"God!" I exclaim, grunting in anger. I don't know if I should cover my breasts or my lower regions, but the door does me some justice.

"Have you not heard of knocking?" I ask, pursing my lips.

Eric smirks, amused, giving a soft chuckle. "I did, Kitten. Maybe you didn't hear it over the shower water. And by the way," He says, gesturing to my navel. "Nice piercing."

My face heats up, as I shift slightly, still trying to cover myself up. But my arms begin to ache, and I let them fall to my side.

"Get dressed." He orders. "I've got something for you to do."

At first, I part my lips to give him a smart remark, but I remember that I was already waist deep in trouble.

"Okay." I reply, slowly moving from.behind the door, until every inch of my skin can be seen. I slip from behind the door, and sprint, shivering as I go to my bed, moving past him.

I grab my bra and latch it, before pulling a sweater over my head. I let it fall, as it covers my bare hips. I sit on the bed, slipping on a pair of underwear and jeans.

I huff lowly under my breath, lacing my boots up before looking over to Eric, as he gestures for me to follow him.

I tuck my hair in a ponytail as I follow him down the hall, before we go up three flights of stairs.

I glance around, a funny feeling in my chest. I move slower, feeling highly cautious. I didn't know the things Eric had done or would do, but I knew he was nothing to play with.

He reminded me of fire, to be completely honest.

We stop outside a door, and he plucks a pair of keys out his pocket,,before unlocking the door.

I begin to bite on my lip anxiously, thinking that I should've just stayed with the others. But I didn't want to be afraid of Eric.

I had no reason to be. I was Dauntless and brave.

But I wasn't fearless.

I walk inside after Eric, and he shuts the door behind me. I shove my hands in my pockets, chewing slowly on the skin of my lip.

"What did you need me to do?" I ask curiously.

"You sound like an Erudite," Eric replies, before he walks towards his kitchen, a wall with two stairs leading towards the kitchen with an island in the center, separating it from his living room.

All-in-all, the apartment was beautiful, but it looked a little underused. I was starting to wonder how often was Eric really was by himself.

If he was as busy as my father seemed to always be, then him being at home was a rare occasion.

"Takes one to know," I tell him, before I blush heatedly, feeling something that reminds me of my mother's look of disapproval. Before he can raise a brow in question, or to even reply with a snarl of an answer, I correct myself. "My mother was one. Before she transferred."

I feel like I shouldn't have had to explain myself, but in order to control his wrath, it was probably for the best that I did. He doesn't say anything, or continue to question about my mentioning of my mother, but I can tell he is obviously thinking heavily about something.