Chapter 5- The First Mission

Blue flashed before her eyes. A bolt of energy seared through her body. Noelle could feel the energy pulsing through her. It felt so real

Almost like the vision she had in Rohan...

Gasping, she jerked herself up into a sitting position in bed.

Just a dream.

Shakily, she threw back the blankets and stood up. Going over to the window, she opened it and swung her legs over the ledge. The cool air felt good on her face after another sweaty night of dreams.

It was time to go soon anyway once the clock struck two.

Noelle guessed it was going to be another sleepless night, but nonetheless she began to pull on her uniform and clipped her lightsabers to her belt.

Silently, she grabbed her bag and grey jacket to match her clothes and snuck out the front door.

Her first night.

She could hear thunder rumbling in the distant sky.

Raindrops started drizzling down onto her head in tiny droplets.

Noelle hadn't brought a police scanner. The last thing she wanted to do was interfere with law enforcement. Then they would just brand her an enemy and they would actively be searching for her along with the criminals.

No, the Force would be her guide. Where she sensed a disturbance was where she would go.

She had to walk five miles to get to the bus stop to take her into town and she hid in the woods until she saw it pull up. One person got on, but Noelle, creeping around from the other side, leapt onto the roof of the bus.

She was going to have to hold on tight.

When the bus came to a stop in the middle of town, Noelle slid off through the back and silently crept behind a restaurant closed for the night, careful to avoid any active cameras. Even so, she would have been too fast for them to get a clear picture of anyway, especially in the dark and the rain.

The rain steadily came down faster and the thunder grew louder with a flash of lightning here and there.

Noelle sat perched on a high roof and closed her eyes, feeling the Force around her. It was so... different on Earth. It felt different on every world, but here it was so removed, as if she was the only one who understood its power. There was a noticeable lack of it here, and for a reason.

People lacked faith.

Suddenly, Noelle sensed something. Her eyes shot open from meditation and she perked up. Quickly, she jumped up to the right back corner of the building and peered down into the darkness and the rain falling down onto the street.

She spotted a black car parked on the outskirts of the closest neighborhood. Two people got out of the back.

That meant someone else was a getaway driver.

Noelle's only guess was that they were planning to rob a house. At least, that was probably the best she could hope for, unless there was another bit of shady business going on.

She was tempted to take out the driver in the car first, but decided to follow the other two and see what they were really up to.

Those little–

They were going to break into a house, Nolle realized as she was still watching them from the top of the building. They were targeting a house close to the main road. One headed for the front door, while the other for the back. That meant the guy in the front was a distraction while the other one was in charge of getting the loot. Noelle had studied tactics long enough.