Chapter 30- Asgard

Noelle stumbled forward out of Thor's arms tripping on her own feet, as a third wave of nausea hit her. That had probably been one of the worst traveling experiences in her life. Even Anakin's crash-jobs weren't nearly as terrifying and stomach-churning as traveling by Bifrost.

Thor ran to her, trying to keep her from falling. "Are you alright?"

Noelle held up a finger. "We are not doing that again."

Some of the initial pain after the red thing's "attack" on her had begun to wear off, but she was still weak, and the journey had made her even more disoriented.

Thor only smiled gravely. "We may not have a choice."

"You must be Noelle Smith," came a sudden voice.

Noelle turned around. Behind them was a man dressed in completely golden armor. He held a long sword in his hands and gazed at her and Thor solemnly.

"Welcome to Asgard."

"How did you know my name?" Noelle asked, brushing the dirt off her jacket.

"I am Heimdall," said the golden man. His voice was as rich as the gold he wore. "I am the Gatekeeper of Asgard and the Guardian of the Bifrost. I can see ten trillion souls within the Nine Realms. But for a brief moment of time, I could not see you, Noelle Smith. Where did you disappear to?"

"I–" Noelle's mouth hung open for a brief moment and she looked at Thor before looking back over to Heimdall.

"Heimdall could not see you," he had said.

"I don't know," she admitted. "I mean, I can turn invisible but I'm guessing that's not what you meant."

"No," said Heimdall. "You disappeared from my sight. You were beyond the Nine Realms."

She took a deep breath. "I don't know how I got where I went. All I know is that I felt something calling to me– a voice in the darkness. Now, something is inside me because of my carelessness. Something dark."

As her memories returned, Noelle had a growing suspicion as to what was inside of her, but she didn't voice her concerns... yet. She needed to know who she could trust aside from Thor.

"It's making her sick," Thor added. "I brought her here so we could help her, Heimdall."

Heimdall nodded. For the first time, Noelle noticed his eyes gleamed a golden orange.

I can see ten trillion souls within the Nine Realms.

Noelle suddenly realized. Just as she had the power of the Mind, Heimdall had the power of the Soul. But before she had time to think more about it, a guard was leading a white horse over to them.

Thor offered her his hand. "Have you ever ridden a horse before, Noelle?"

She found herself blushing as she took his hand, and nodded. "Yes, I have." To say that she had simply ridden a horse before was an understatement, but Noelle wasn't one to brag. Besides, recounting the War of the Ring was not something she took pleasure in.

"Good." Thor helped her onto the horse's back, as she was still a bit wobbly. "It's quite a long way from here to the palace, and I cannot imagine you want me flying you there."

Noelle shook her head and snorted, but she smiled. "No, not particularly."

Thor smiled back and took the reins, leading the horse and Noelle onto the sparkling Rainbow Bridge. She could see the ground shimmering under her horse's hoof with every step it took. It was a truly magnificent thing. But she was not prepared for what she saw next when she looked up.