Chapter 18- Heroes Scattered

Image is not mine.

Hey guys! Update is finally here after three weeks. Thank you all for being patient.

- Shadowfax

______

There was nothing but chaos and mass confusion. Noelle could not remember what had happened. All she remembered was seeing red, not having enough time to throw up a Force field, then getting thrown backwards and blacking out.

When she opened her eyes, she saw nothing but darkness. The smell of rubble, sulfur and smoke filled her nose.

Noelle began coughing wildly and tried to move, until she realized her leg was trapped. She groaned in pain. Her eyes were watering. Even if there was light, she wouldn't be able to easily see.

Someone must have heard her cry, because she heard someone vaguely calling her name in the distance.

"Noelle!?" The voice was definitely a man's– and deep.

"I'm here!" she yelled to whoever was calling her.

Noelle used the Force to create a bit of blue light from her hands.

She closed her eyes and concentrated. Outstretching her hand, she felt for the large solid metal object on top of her legs.

Blue light surrounded the giant metal canister of something that had fallen on her. Raising her hand, Noelle pushed it off of herself.

There was a crashing noise in the background.

She painfully dragged herself into a sitting position. "I'm here," she repeated as loudly as she could.

By the sound of the heavy breathing and footsteps jogging towards her direction, Noelle guessed that it was Thor. She was right.

She had managed to reach the smaller shoto lightsaber on her hip and fiddled with the buttons.

Time to risk a little more light.

The lightsaber came to life and white light filled the room. Noelle saw Thor crouching down through the rubble. He shielded his eyes from the light. It was only then Noelle realized he had blue eyes just like her.

"Are you hurt?" he asked gently

She shook her head. "No, I-I don't think so. My-my leg was trapped..."

"Can you stand?" Thor offered her his arm.

They were about to find out. Noelle switched the lightsaber in her hand to reverse grip and grabbed his hand with her other one.

Her legs shook and her knees buckled as she slowly began to rise, but if something was broken, she wouldn't have been standing.

She let go of Thor's hand and stood with her arms slightly raised, using the Force to regain her balance. Her legs ached like hell. She took one stiff, shaky step forward.

"What happened?" she breathed, ignoring the still-concerned look on Thor's face. "Where are the others? Steve, Tony, Natasha..."

He shook his head. "I do not know. There was an attack. I have been searching for survivors, but have only located you–"

He was interrupted by a CRASH from above them. In the dim light, Noelle saw the metal wall to her left dent inward.

"And Banner," Thor finished. "Go."

Noelle nodded. She began to turn away, but stopped.

"I'm going to see him," she said.

"Who?"