Chapter 1

First day of the last year

C'lo in media (see-low)

C'los POV

I woke up for da first day of my senior year at Crenshaw high. I slipped on a simple fit with sum Chanel slides and walked down the stairs and grabbed a granola bar and a water from the kitchen. I looked around to see if my ma still here but she usually leaves before I get up and my brothers always either sleep or not home so I'm alone most mornings and nights too. I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door to my bus stop.

On the way there I seen some kids walking to the stop too. I dapped up Nyah (my stud bro that lives two blocks from me).

While we were sitting on the bench my neighbors red dodge zoomed passed us. Ion kno why bruh in such a rush at this time in the morning. It's still mad early. I only get up cus the bus take longer then a car.

Once the bus arrived I sat in the back and put my earphones in. Nyah followed me and did the same. We sat in silence the entire ride and parted ways when we got to school. Once I walked in the bell rang and I looked at my schedule on my phone and began walking to the building. Mfkas really gave me chem for first period like ok.

I sat in the back of the class and slipped one of my earphones in.

"Good morning students, I'm Mr. Garcia nice to see all of you" he said smiling.

He continued to speak but his voice faded and my music got louder. I looked around to see if there was anyone in this class that I recognized but there wasn't so I spaced back out.

"Miss lentero" the teacher called.

"Huh me?" I asked snapping back into reality.

"It is your turn to say your name and 2 facts about yourself" he replied.

"Oh uh I'm C'lo just call me c and I'm afro latino and gay" I said.

"Thank you, miss Miranda" he called another students name and I spaced back out. 40 long minutes later class was almost done when someone walked in.

"Excuse me you are almost an hour late to class what is your reasoning for this behavior" he said.

"Emergency" she replied swiftly.

"Class I want everyone to remember that participation will be 30% of your grades and I will dock points for anyone who is tardy. Today is the first day but there will be no more leisure going forward" he said aloud and the stud rolled her eyes as she found a seat next to me.

Most of the class I felt like someone was staring but I shook it off. I looked to my side and made contact with my neighbor. She just moved in about a month ago and me and her have never spoke. All I know is that she moved in with her auntie because my mom close with her Tia. I looked away quickly but I could feel her still staring.