Chapter 7

Cielo POV.

I woke up next to Nik in the hospital and smirked at how she was holding me. I got this lil thug over here cuddled up. I laid my head on her chest and stayed there for a while, drifting in and out of sleep. She smelled like watermelon and Dior cologne. I held her tighter and pulled the cover over us more because of the breeze I felt. I need to get out of this cold ass hospital gown.

I sat up and slowly tried to get out of bed to retrieve the clothes my mom bought me.

I slowly moved my leg but groaned once I bent it to hand off the bed.

That shit sore as hell.

I tried to get up but fell back once I felt a sharp pain in my leg.

"Oww" I whimpered.

Niks eyes shot open and she looked at me.

"Cielo what are you doing" she stood up walking to my side of the bed.

" I'm trying to get the clothes my mom brought me." I replied trying to get up again.

"No no no you ask me okay you need to take it easy. She lifted my legs and put them back on the bed, lightly pushing my body back down.

I sighed.

"Don't start" she said and I just rolled my eyes. She went to grab the bag my mom left here last night and brought it back to me.

I grabbed the clothes and looked at her.

"What?" She said innocently.

"Turn around" I replied in a duh tone.

"Girl you act like I ain't see the goods already" she chuckled.

I opened my mouth shocked.

"Shut yo ass up Nikaelo" I shook my head trying to hide my smile.

She just smiled back at me.

"Cmon bruh turn around foreal" I said.

She did what I told her and I struggled to get new boxers and basketball shorts on with this big ass cast.

I slipped the gown off and put on a white tee.

Finally, I put my chain on and pulled my dreads back into a ponytail.

"Ight I'm done" I looked at her and seen she was already looking at me.

"Don't make me get on yo ass" I said side eyeing her.

"Get on who ass" she walked up to me.

"You know who's" I smirked.

"You got the wrong one" she said close to my ear.

"Nah ion think I do" I looked up at her remembering I could barely get up from the soreness.

She rested her hands on my thighs and was leaning over me.

Baby honestly turning me the fuck on but we in the hospital.

The nurse walked in and gave me my pain killers. She told me that I should be getting discharged tomorrow afternoon. After she left the room I sat on the bed, turning on the live chanel. I was excited to finally go home but also a little scared. What if I get targeted again?

Nik told me she wants me to started holding a strap. I don't wanna have to kill anybody.. I don't wanna be about that life. After my pops passed I told my self I wouldn't go out the same way.

"You good c?" Nik asked.

I looked at her and nodded.

"Im just tired" I said. L

It was true, I was tired, physically, mentally as well but I wouldn't admit it. I gotta thug shit out like a g just how pops taught me.

She laid back and spread her arm out on my pillow, patting the bed for me to rest too.

I laid back on her arm and looked at the ceiling.

She caressed my dreads. I could feel her staring at me though.

"Tell me what's wrong" she said.

I dogged her question with another one.

"What's gonna happen when I get out of here?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"There's people out to get me. So what am I supposed to do, if they know what neighborhood I stay in they prolly kno what school I go to" I said.

"Look c lemme take care of all that okay all I need you to do is stay close to me at school and I want you to start holding a blick on you." She said.

"I- I don't really want to hold that on me, what if I get caught with it" I said biting my bottom lip.

"If you do don't worry about it, I got people in higher places then the pigs" she said.

I looked at her weird cause what did she mean by that? Is she more involved with this stuff then I thought?

I don't wanna catch feels for her and find out she dead or locked up one day. I can't deal with the loss of more close ones.

"Nik I don't wanna see you get hurt or put away" I said seriously.

"You won't okay im one up these n*ggas is under me im second to the boss man and his daughter" she said but that just made me more worried. If she was closest to the boss, she was more liable to being a target for people out to get to them.

"Ion know Nik" I said.

"Just trust me" she said. But I heard the same thing times before.

I felt as if I couldn't trust anybody since I was young.