5

Dru drank from her glass of water as she stared out of the window above the kitchen sink, for some reason, it was always snowing in Newyork.

Maybe it was the mutagen that's effected the atmosphere, or something like that.

"How's your ribs?" Jenny asked as she walked into the kitchen, causing Dru to snap out of her thoughts.

"Huh?".

Jenny smiled while huffing, "Your ribs,".

Dru absentmindedly placed her hand on her ribs as they didn't hurt as much as before.

"Better,".

"Good...er..thanks for last night, ya know when you helped Mona even though it ment getting sacked,".

Dru laughed dryly, "No problem, what are friends for," Jenny gave her a closed eyed smile as she leaned against the open door, just then a brooding Raph walked by with pepperoni on his shoulder.

Jenny sighed as she turned and followed him.

Dru immediately stood near the door as she poked her head out, not wanting to seem like a busy bee when she truly was.

"Alright I'm outta here see you guys later," Raph said blankly as he proceeded to walk away making Dru frown.

"Raph did you even pay attention at all to the things we spoke about last night?".

Raph stopped, side eyeing Jenny "I DID pay attention and I'm gonna continue doing my own thing," he said lowly.

"Why?" she asked walking down the small steps to stand behind him.

"Huh," Raph turned to look at her, with a not so gental look, "I said why, what are you gonna do, go mope and brood some more,".

Dru sucked in the cold air through her teeth, feeling the tension building.

"No...I'm gonna patrol..for people to help, that's what I DO 'round here," he said dangerously.

Jenny shrugged, "Well you've been making some great headway with that, let me know when you're done whining so that we can come up with an actual plan to stop Hobs,".

"What did you say," Raph sneered, pointed teeth bared, their gazes were locked in a heated stare.

"Okay look, I don't wanna hear some big speech from you about how we have to work together and all that crap, I don't wanna hear it,".

Raph was met with silence as this added to his seething anger already.

"AND?, you gonna say some-thin or what!".

Jenny closed her eyes, before glaring at Raph with that crystal blue eyes of hers.

"You're a ninja Raph act like it, you always act like a baby instead,".

Dru's eyes widened as she stepped outside onto the porch, "Jenn-".

"What I'm gonna kick your ass!".

"Then do it..".

Raph gritted his teeth so hard he feared he'd crack them as he spat out venomously, "What is wrong with you!".

Fire burned within Jenny's eyes as Dru went to grab her shoulder, but she merely shrugged Dru off as Raph's eyes fell onto her, finally taking note of her.

"You guys just let everything fall apart, Splinters gone...but I thought we'd come together, be a clan...thought you guys would show me the ropes," She said as her voice trailed off, then it strengthened once more.

"But you act like I barely exist, I'm over here floundering around, trying to get use to all of this and trying to figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do...what we're supposed to do,".

Dru frowned, this was supposed to be heartfelt, but all that came out of Jenny's mouth pushed Raph over the edge.

"Wait WE?, show you the ropes! Are you kidding,".

"You think ya one of us just 'cause you're a turtle now!".

Dru stared at Raph in disbelief, Raph avoided her gaze, feeling strange at the way she looked at him with such...mortification.

But he continued, spewing all his anger onto Jenny.

"We're not supposed to be doing anything! My father is DEAD and you want me and my brothers to stop being sad!".

Jenny's gaze softened ever so slightly, "That's not what I said, I know I'm not a Hamato but Splinter was important to me too, you're not the only ones that loved him-".

"SHUT UP!".

"You didn't LOVE him, you ain't his daughter! You're just some random gutter punk he felt bad for! He was the only one who gave a crap about you and now his dead!".

"Raph-".

"Stay out of this human! This doesn't concern you, your ribs are fine so leave, you're not a mutant you don't belong here!".

Dru's heart hammered in her chest, his words...hurt, they had hit home, he saw her how every mutant in mutant Town sees her.

Not wanted by humans, not wanted by mutants, she was truly an outsider.

She could feel the tears prick the corners of her eyes but she wasn't about to show him that he actually hurt her badly.

"Screw you man.." She said brokenly as she headed back inside.

Raph's anger fell to the pit of his stomach, he didn't mean to snap at her but right now he didn't care, they weren't really friends they just got along on occasions, he didn't owe her anything.

He turned and left, leaving Jenny alone with her hidden tears as she held her arm.