*End Ramadhaan with ISTIGHFAAR*(a short message)

The beautiful month of Ramadhaan has come to an end. 

Now end this amazing month of fasting and praying and Qur’aan with Istighfaar and seeking forgiveness. 

That’s because seeking forgiveness after ANY act of worship is a wonderful way of *smoothing out* any imperfections it may have had.... 
It helps remove any shortcomings, any mistakes, any flaws, any weaknesses....

And that’s the reason why it’s part of our Deen to seek forgiveness after ALL acts of goodness. 

🍃Didn’t the Prophet sal Allaahu Alayhi wa sallam seek forgiveness of Allaah three times after every Salaah?

Thawbaan Radhi Allaahu anhu  said:

“When he had finished his prayer, the Messenger of Allah (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) used to ask for forgiveness three times,”
(Saheeh Muslim 1362)

🍃Didn’t he teach us to say Istighfaar after making wudhu? 

‎سُبْحانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وبِحَمْدِكَ ، أشْهَدُ أنْ لا إلهَ إِلاَّ أنْتَ ، *أسْتَغْفِرُكَ وأتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ

“Glory and praise be to You, O Allaah, I bear witness that there is no god but You, *I seek Your forgiveness and I repent to You”*
(an-Nasa’i-saheeh by al-Albaani)

🍃And after getting up from a gathering, the duaa we make, also includes Istighfaar. 

‎سُبْحانَكَ اللَّهُمَّ وبِحَمْدِكَ ، أشْهَدُ أنْ لا إلهَ إِلاَّ أنْتَ ، *أسْتَغْفِرُكَ وأتُوبُ إِلَيْكَ

Glory and praise be to you, O Allaah, there is no god worthy of worship except You, *I seek Your forgiveness and I repent to You.”*
(Abu Dawood; saheeh by al-Albaani in as-Saheehah 3164).

🍃After performing tahajjud, the most beloved prayer to Allaah after the five daily prayers, Allaah *praises* those who make *Istighfaar*. 

‎وَبِٱلْأَسْحَارِ هُمْ يَسْتَغْفِرُونَ

“And in the hours before dawn, they would ask *forgiveness”*
(Surah adh-Dhaariyaat 51:18)

🍃Even after the day of Arafah, when Allaah forgives ALL SINS, Allaah STILL commands us to make Istighfaar and seek His Forgiveness! 

ثُمَّ أَفِيضُوا۟ مِنْ حَيْثُ أَفَاضَ ٱلنَّاسُ وَٱسْتَغْفِرُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ ۚ إِنَّ ٱللَّهَ غَفُورٌۭ رَّحِيمٌۭ

“Then go forth with the rest of the pilgrims. *And seek Allaah’s forgiveness.* Surely Allaah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”
(Surah al-Baqarah:199)

Subhaan Allaah!

So every good deed and every act of ibaadah needs Istighfaar to CLEANSE it of any mistakes, to PURIFY it of any shortcomings. 

Even our Istighfaar needs another Istighfaar...leave alone the act of ibaadah itself. 

It is said that Istighfaar is like the FIRE to the GOLD. 
Just as fire purifies the gold of any impurities, similarly Istighfaar purifies the act of ibaadah of any faults or mistakes. 

🍃 Ibn Rajab said:

“Fasting is a fortress from the Hell-fire, as long as one does not damage his fortress with evil talk.  *Istighfaar *patches* what harms this fortress.*”

🍃Shaikh as-Saa’di said:

“This is what the individual should do: every time he finishes an act of worship, he should ask Allaah for forgiveness for his shortcomings, and thank Him for enabling him to do it.” (Tafseer as-Sa‘di - p. 92)

Dear brothers and sisters,

Our ibaadah is not perfect. 
It can never BE perfect. 

But Allaah Subhaanahu wa Ta’aala has given us ways, out of His Mercy, to *clean* out our ibaadaat of imperfections and *wash* away any shortcomings with Istighfaar. 

Then what better way to end this month of Forgiveness with seeking even more forgiveness and making lots and lots of Istighfaar?

🍃 Ibn al-Jawzi said:

"When the race horse knows that it is nearing the end of the track, it exerts all of its effort to win the race. 
Do not allow the race horse to be more clever than you. 
For verily, deeds are judged by their conclusions. 
So if you didn't do well in the beginning then perhaps you will do better in the end."

May Allaah forgive us and accept from us. Ameen.

And Allaah knows best.

(A message by Asma bint Shameem)