Allah shows the people who regrets about the occurences in life

We can learn from this incident about the weakness of human mind and limitations of human understanding.

The practical message from this is that there are several things in our life which might seem disastrous to us, a lost job perhaps, an accident or money lost. However, while we do not know, it might be actually good for us in long time. Hence, what is good for a believer is to be content with the will of Allah and not be sad or impatient.

 Hence, what is good for a believer is to be content with the will of Allah and not be sad or impatient

Once when Prophet Moses was addressing Banu Israel (children of Israel), he was asked:

"Who is the most learned man among the people?"

He said:

"I am the most learned."

Allah admonished Moses as he did not attribute absolute knowledge to Him (Allah SWT). So Allah instructed him to go to the junction of the two seas where he would meet one who was more learned than Moses.

That learned man at the junction of the two seas was Al-Khidr. When Moses met him and introduced himself, Al-Khidr asked:

"The Moses of Banu Israel?"

Moses replied in the affirmative.

Moosa (Moses) said to him (Khidr) "May I follow you so that you teach me something of that knowledge (guidance and true path) which you have been taught (by Allah)?" (Quran, Surah Kahf:66)

Al-Khidr replied:

"Verily! You will not be able to remain patient with me, O Moses! I have some of the knowledge of Allah which He has taught me and which you do not know, while you have some knowledge which Allah has taught you which I do not know."

Moses assured him that he would be patient and not disobey him in any matter. Both of them set out walking along the seashore. Soon a boat passed by and they requested the crew to take them on board. The crew recognized Al-Khidr and took them on board without fare.

Then a sparrow came and stood on the edge of the boat and dipped its beak once or twice in the sea. Al-Khidr said:

"O Moses! My knowledge and your knowledge have not decreased Allah's knowledge except as much as this sparrow has decreased the water of the sea with its beak."

Al-Khidr then removed one of the planks of the boat. Moses said:

"These people gave us a free lift but you have broken their boat and scuttled it so as to drown its people."

Al-Khidr replied:

"Didn't I tell you that you will not be able to remain patient with me?"