The more pious one is, the more he is tested

Ibn Mas'ud said:

"I visited the Messenger of Allah (saws)while he had a fever.

I exclaimed:

'O Messenger of Allah! You have a high fever! '

He (saws) said:

'My fever is as much as two amongst you [might have].'

I asked:

'Is it because you have a double reward?'

He (saws) replied:

'Yes'

If one just simply studies the tests and tribulations that Allah Subhanah put on His Prophets like Nooh (a.s.), and Ibraheem (a.s.), and Moosa (a.s.), and Isa (a.s.), and Ayyub (a.s.), and Yunus (a.s.), etc., and above all, on Prophet Mohamed (saws), one would realize that a normal human being would absolutely break down under these conditions and the weight laid upon them as tests by Allah Subhanah!

These pious and righteous slaves of Allah Subhanah were tested beyond comprehension, but under the guidance of Allah Subhanah, they always remained patient and steadfast on the Path commanded to them by their Lord!

The more pious one is, the more he is tested by Allah Subhanah; so that He may raise them in status and honor in the life of the Hereafter!

Allah Subhanah Knows Who amongst His servants can bear His tests, and who cannot.

When the Prophet (saws) was asked which people suffered the greatest affliction, he replied,

"The Prophets, then those who come next to them (in Taqwa), then those who come next to them (in Taqwa).
A man is afflicted in keeping his religion. If he is firm in his religion his trial is severe, but if there is weakness in his religion it is made light for him."

The Messenger of Allah (saws) said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."