Ponder upon your status when death come to us!

This is the conversation that took between ‘Uthmaan Ibn Affan and Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud Radiyallahu Anhum on his death bed, and I want you to just stop and reflect for a minute or two after reading it, and see your status not in this dunya but your status infront of Allah. in sha Allah.
_____

‘Uthman Ibn Affan RA visited Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud RA when Abdullah was on his death bed and asked him, “What are you grieving over?”
Abdullah answered: “My sins.”
‘Uthman asked, “Do you have any wish?”
Abdullah replied, “Yes, for divine mercy.”
‘Uthman said, “Do you have any fear?”
Abdullah said, “Yes, divine punishment.”
‘Uthman said, “I will send for a physician.”
Abdullah answered” It is the Physician (Allah) who made me sick.”
Then he recited “Everyone upon it (earth) will perish”[Qur’an: 55:26]
“Say: Never will we be struck except by what Allah has decreed for us.” [Qur’an 9:51]
______

Subhan’Allah look at how Abdullah was, the first person to ever recite the Qur’an out loud in the Ka’bah. Indeed, the fear of Allah in the heart of Abdullah is so inspiring and motivating! Muslims, he was amongst the elites of this Ummah, he lived during the Khair ul Qurun, yet he feared the punishment, he yearned for the mercy of Allah and he grieved over his sins.

Look at your status infront of Allah! For once, reflect and ponder Muslims! When death comes to us, will we be like Abdullah? Or will we be amongst those who can’t ever utter the Shahada!? Authubillah! Astagfirullah.

Ponder hard, don’t let your situation right now take you away from the rope of Allah! Hold tightest when it becomes hardest! 
_____

And we pray that Allah grants us His Mercy and enable us to repent with a sincere and longing heart for Him. Amin

_____
Story was taken from:

•’Usd-ul-Ghabah, vol.5
• Anees-ul-Mu’mineen, ‘Idaad wa Taqdeem: Safwan Sa’dullah al-Mukhtar
Zohayma