To attain perfect goodness

Abu Talha, was in the Mosque while the Messenger was communicating to his Companions the newly revealed verse:

You will never be able to attain (the rank of) perfect goodness unless you give (as charity) out of what you love.

Abu Talha stood up and said: 'What I love the most among my worldly belongings is my orchard of 600 date-palm trees, which you know.
As of now, it is no longer mine; I put it at your disposal. You can use it as you wish. You can share it among the poor just as you wish.'

Then he left for home. His wife Umm Sulaym was sitting under a tree in that same orchard. She called to her husband who remained standing outside the wall surrounding the orchard:

— Abu Talha, why are you standing there? Come here!
— I cannot. You must take your things and leave the orchard!
— Why?
— This orchard is no longer ours. It belongs to the poor people of Madina.
— Did you give it as charity only on your own behalf or on behalf of us both?
— On behalf of us both.
— May God be pleased with you. Whenever I saw the poor, I wondered whether we ought not to give this orchard as charity to them, but I dared not say that to you as I did not know whether you would be willing to do that. May God accept good from us.

You cannot attain to righteousness unless you spend out of what you love. And what you spend, Allah surely knows it. (3:92)