Chapter 10: Kill the Temptation

3rd Person POV

Imperial Capital

"And so...." Esdeath stated, her blue eyes flashing with dark excitement as she stood before the rest of the Jaegers. James stood to the side, an icy knife floating just below the base of his neck as he leaned against the wall, the shadows of his hat covering his eyes. "These young men will be our new backup members."

This ain't good in any level of Hell, James thought, eyes narrowed as Esdeath stepped aside, presenting a chained-up Tatsumi sitting on a chair, the collar still locked around his neck.

It had been several hours since the assassins' capture, and both had been brought to the main Capital where the Jaegers resided. Upon their arrival, Esdeath had set the chained Tatsumi in a chair while she went to fetch the rest of the Jaegers.

James would have tried to help him, but Esdeath had made... certain, that he was unable to assist Tatsumi in escaping.

"Uh, Captain?" Bols asked, scratching the back of his head as he, Run, Stylish, Kurome and Wave stood before Esdeath, the two assassins behind her. "You just brought random civilians to the palace? Wouldn't that be a security risk?"

"He'll have everything he could ever want in here... he'll never want to leave this place," Esdeath explained, reaching out to caress Tatsumi's cheek, much to his disgust.

Funny how most readers would give anything to be in his place, James thought, and his memories flashed to what he knew about the Jaegers. Seven, not counting Esdeath... so where're the others?

"Therefore, not only is he a part of our reserves," Esdeath went on, pulling away and gesturing to Tatsumi. "Tatsumi here is also going to be my lover."

"Hey, General, not that I'm questioning your... excellent judgment," James spoke up, getting the group's attention. They turned and found James relaxing comfortably against the wall without a care in the world, acting as though the knife held against his neck was no more important than a fly. "But if he were your lover, then why's he got a collar round his neck, eh?"

"He's got a point," Wave agreed, scratching the back of his head as he glanced at James curiously. "It kinda makes him look like a pet, General."

"Because I like him," Esdeath replied, shrugging. "I didn't want him to run off, so I slapped it on without thinking."

Everyone sweatdropped, and James facepalmed. Great... the bloody General's a yandere, an excellent fighter... and she doesn't know the first thing about love.

"Um, if you want a lover and not a pet, you might want to take that collar off, Captain," Run suggested.

Esdeath sighed. "Very well." Walking over, she unlatched the collar from Tatsumi's neck. "I'm sorry about doing that to you, my dear. I hope I—"

Whatever she was going to say was cut short as the doors flew open, and Fury and Seryu burst through, Koro at their heels.

"Sorry we're late, General!" Seryu apologized, saluting as Fury panted, hands on his knees. "Fury got lost in the palace on the way back from the arena."

"I knew I should've mapped it before I left," Fury grumbled as Koro jumped on his head.

As Seryu giggled, James's eyes widened in shock while Tatsumi's eyes narrowed in anger. That's her... she's the one who put Sheele in a coma! His fist clenched, but he managed to restrain himself... barely.