ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

Stroking Daisy's mane, you smiled to yourself. The leather saddle was warm beneath your thighs, but it was a feeling you had longed for so long.

Wearing your traditional, white summer dress, you opted to ride aside instead of astride.

As a child, your father wanted you to learn how to ride side-saddle as you were once obsessed with princesses riding on white horses.

The dry wind hit your cheeks, your eyes stinging from the dust kicking up from her hooves; you had never felt more at peace.

She listened to every command you made, using her body to protect yours as she galloped through the acres of land.

When you finally had grown tired of riding, she sat beside you along the riverside.

You had laid out a thick blanket to sit upon with a wicker basket of food and a book to enjoy the alone time. The small radio you carried sat in the basket, playing the classics to keep your spirits high.

It was a place where you didn't have to worry about gang politics or stupid drama. You were able to enjoy the time to be yourself without anyone having their opinion thrown into your face.

With a sense of boredom, you sighed and put the book into the basket.

The sun was beginning to set from the hot day, and the fireflies wanted to embrace you with their lighted wings.

Giggling to yourself, you followed one to the top of the high rock's edge and caught it between your palms.

To your joy, it didn't fly away once you outstretched your fingers. You took it to your blanket, admiring how it tickled your palm as it strived to find a perfect place to rest.

"I've been looking for you everywhere," a voice wheezed. 

"You found me," you responded, lacking any enthusiasm you would have had.

"Your mother is looking for you. She gave me a reaming of my own," a small chuckle past Taehyung's lips.

You glanced over your shoulder, but only to look at his worn shoes. You nodded, then looked back at the lightning bug that claimed your hand as his seat.

"I didn't know you were now my mother's keeper."

Taehyung heavily sighed and crouched next to you. His elbows balanced on his knees, studying your face to understand why you were giving him the cold shoulder.

"Y/N-"

"Sh," you stopped him, exposing your palm for him to see. "Check this out."

Waiting for him to cup his hands, you gently transferred the firefly to his palms. Just like before, it had no intention of moving away.