sᴜɢᴀʀ, sᴜɢᴀʀ

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

"I'm not used to seeing you without Molly," Namjoon said, leaning over his crossed arms atop the counter.

You placed a handful of the red heart suckers and two carrot sticks in front of his hands. You shrugged when he eyed you curiously.

"For my horse," you replied with a bright smile, eyes lighting up at the mention of your Palomino. "She's coming home tomorrow night after a week of being at the vet's stable."

He straightened his back, jaw working while chewing a blue piece of gum. The buttons clattered when he pushed them, the cash register chiming with each press.

"Ah, how is the old Daisy?"

"She's better. Her leg is healing quickly. My father just hired a new hand to help out, so she should be able to ride in a few weeks."

He smiled at your enthusiasm. You tried not to bring attention to the minor grease stains on his yellow and orange uniform, glancing between his face and the receipt that was printing.

"You still have yet to introduce us."

A look of surprise came over you. Giving you your receipt, Namjoon leaned closer to you again, showing he didn't want you to leave him alone in an empty store.

"I didn't know you like horses."

He lifted a shoulder with a lazy shrug. "I'm not an enthusiast, but by how excited you get about her, it makes me want to learn more."

Is he flirting with me?

Namjoon always gave Molly attention when she was around. Whenever it was just you, he seemed to be more natural and comfortable, using subtle techniques instead of grand gestures.

"Well, one day, I'll bring you on by," you replied, attempting not to blush. "She likes meeting new people."

Leaning your hip against the counter, you unwrapped one of the suckers and plopped it into your mouth. You twirled the stick between your fingers, and the glossy sugar coated your tongue.

"You're so unlike Molly," he hummed. "I think that's a good thing."

Seeing your look of curiosity, a nervous laugh emitted from his throat.

"Well, you know how people talk about her, always just about her body, not that that's a bad thing either," he explained. "When people talk about you, it's always about the whole package."

You nodded skeptically. "I've never heard any of this. I must be going to the wrong places."

He shyly bit his lip when shaking his head, "No. Molly tends to shout over them."