ɪ ғᴀʟʟ ᴛᴏ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇs

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

Scanning the field, Taehyung walked through the blowing dust and dirt. The temperature had fallen from the sun setting past the horizon. Crickets and fireflies made their arrival through sound and light.

Sniffing, he rubbed his nose with the back of his hand, touching his calloused fingers against the top lip of his mouth.

You hadn't come home. Molly's words began to torment him the longer he was away with you. He trusted Jungkook, but he also knew Jungkook was one of the more secretive guys in the group.

If he had done something, it wouldn't ever be known unless there was some digging to find out.

With one last glimpse in the stable, he stroked Daisy's mane.

"I'll see you tomorrow, girl."

Daisy bowed her head, then pivoted in her stall as she strived to unwind from an exercised-filled day.

Her rehabilitation therapy was working well, and Taehyung had received word from the equestrian doctor that his working with the animal had great results.

Any remaining injuries were almost non-existent, and there would be no worry about any permanent damage.

He locked the stable doors for the night, then slung his work bag over his shoulder. His hands were aching from fixing the wooden fence around the paddock.

He hissed when his bag strap scratched his fingers, remembering he had cut himself on a broken metal piece of the fence gate.

"Damn it," he mumbled to himself.

The chilled wind moved past his cheeks, and he gritted his teeth while he strolled down the road. He glanced back one last time at the house, noticing none of the lights were on.

He supposed your mother had also been away for the day unless she was napping in her usual intoxicated daze on the couch.

Taehyung's worn shoes grated the small pebbles while he stepped, and he whistled a tune to keep him entertained.

He eyed his house coming into view a few minutes later and was baffled by all the lights turned on. The porch brightened the dark street, but none of the member's cars or motorcycles were in the driveway.

His pace hastened when a falling sensation anchored in his gut. He disregarded the pain in his hand and the ache in his ankles from working on his feet.

Once Taehyung stepped onto the porch, he cautiously pushed toward the screen door. His eyes squinted as he tried to peer through the window, only to notice Jungkook's back to him.

He couldn't see you, but it was evident you were seated on the couch by the impression of a blanket wrapped around your frame.

"What are you doing?" he questioned, almost too aggressively while he made his way inside.