ᴡᴇ ʙᴇʟᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ (2/2) [м]

It is a little bit longer of a chapter. Sorry, but also not sorry because Taehyung is such a sweetheart, and we need more of him.

 Sorry, but also not sorry because Taehyung is such a sweetheart, and we need more of him

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

The two of you weaseled through the house, tiptoeing as silently as possible when you passed the couch from where your mother hadn't moved. An indentation from the couch cushion formed on her left cheek while drool and the wave of snoring slipped from her mouth.

You disregarded Taehyung's gaze at the back of your head, uneasy that he had to witness such an embarrassing display. His grasp around your hand tightened to reassure you, almost as if he read your mind, and you traveled up the stairs with him still in tow.

You carefully closed the door behind him and reddened once you noticed he was ogling at the girly knickknacks on your shelves. You were not a fan of dolls, but your father had made it a tradition to give you china statuettes for every birthday and Christmas.

The white net that cascaded around your bed, separating your sleep cave from the rest of the white and yellow room, Taehyung admired with a delicate hand running through the stiff fabric.

Stickers that you had once stuck onto your matching yellow dresser and vanity glistened in the lamplight. You stood in front of them to minimize the embarrassment even more.

You didn't want Taehyung to think you were a little girl as most of the items in your room were from your childhood-something you never wanted to forget.

A small chuckle slipped from his lips when he regarded a picture of you and your father when you were a toddler. His face was barely noticeable from a thick shadow that had fallen across his smiling expression. It was the only photograph that you had of your father, let alone together.

You felt as if the universe never wanted you to remember what he looked like when he was away for such a long period; he was almost dead to you, it seemed.

"You look so happy," Taehyung murmured, raising the picture frame to see it better.

His dark eyes squinted, attempting to view your father's face.

You forced a smile with tight lips, gently grabbing it from his hands. Your thumb ran across your young face as you admired the innocent smile bestowed upon your cheeks.

"That was a long time ago," you spoke back, not realizing you had said it aloud while you placed it back onto your dresser.

You flipped another photograph over, but he had discovered the image before it rested face-down.

"How old?" Taehyung asked, greeting your eyes.

Swallowing hard, you were unable to move while he observed your face closely.

Awkwardly rubbing the back of your neck, you sat at the foot of your bed and eyed the floor beneath your feet.

Zoning out toward your shut door, you replied, "She's almost two."