ʙʀɪɴɢ ɪᴛ ᴏɴ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

The toe of your shoe kicked a small pebble on the ground, skidding it across the sidewalk until it landed near the grass.

Sighing heavily, you leaned your elbows back onto the picnic table, tilting your head up to the sky. You closed your eyes, feeling the sun hit your skin.

The soft music from the radio poured from the corner store beside you, and you tapped your foot to the beat.

"What are you doing here all by yourself?"

You opened your eyes to find Jungkook waddling over to your table, trying to conceal his injury the best he could.

Your eyes flickered to the slushie cola perched right next to you. Beads of sweat dripped down the side of the cup, meeting at a small puddle on the table that ringed the bottom.

"You girls and your frozen sugar," he chuckled, groaning through his teeth when he sat beside you, resting his back against the edge of the table.

"What can I say? I like things that are both cold and sweet," you teased, sticking your tongue between your teeth when you smiled.

He lightly chuckled, hugging his stomach when he shifted. "Makes sense as it appears you have a thing for Bangtan members."

You flushed, sticking the straw in your mouth and taking a sip.

"Yeah, don't think I didn't notice you sneaking out of V's room before you left," Jungkook laughed, bumping your shoulder. "How long has that been going on?"

You shrugged, stirring around the slush with the long straw.

"That night was as serious as it had gotten over the last couple of weeks."

He balanced his hand on his knee, holding himself up when he turned to look at you directly.

"So, you're telling me there was a window of opportunity for me to swoop in?" He groaned and tilted his head back. "Damn it!"

He stood up when sitting got too uncomfortable, and you followed after him.

With the purple bandana in your hair and the one around his bicep, you were no strangers to stares on the street.

You weren't worried about town gossip getting back to your family, but if it came from someone close to you, that was a different story. The only people they would believe would be Molly or her father.

You ignored them, keeping your steps in sync with his and eyes lowered to your cup.

"If you want to put it that way, then sure," you smiled, turning your head toward him. "Do you ever get used to the people staring?"