ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ᴀʀᴍs ᴏғ ᴍɪɴᴇ

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

Shivering, you pulled the sleeves of your black hoodie over your fingers, then delved your fists into the front pouch. Your feet slowly shuffled across the carpeted flooring, wincing every time your right hip shifted.

Inside the bedroom across from the bathroom, your hands searched for the light switch.

Taehyung was still cooling off steam outside. The faint whispers and murmurs coming from the members fleeted through the air. Jimin and Jungkook tried to speak with you, but you only shook your head and limped away from them.

Straightening, you took another step forward. The familiar pile of papers on his desk caught your eye. Glancing over your shoulder toward the hall, you softly closed the door behind you.

You had been in his room a few times before, but you didn't want to be caught off guard while you were failing to mind your business.

The brown honey pot remained where you had last seen it; a new daisy with fresh water rested inside. The packet from the courthouse had been touched; a few pages had been flipped over the staple in the corner.

The name of a probationary officer was highlighted in yellow. Underneath was a form for bail bond fees and transmittals.

"What?" you whisper, your heart pounding in your ears.

There's a long pause when your body tightens with worry. It drifts up your throat, drying your tongue and mouth.

"Bail bond submitted by," you licked your lips, "Mr. (your dad's first and last name)."

You gripped the sheets of paper between your fingers, maniacally flipping through the pages that covered his desk. You jumped when something twirled in the air, landing on the carpet like a helicopter.

You glanced toward the bedroom door to find it still closed. No shadows were coming through the bottom crack. Your hand was eager when you bent down and picked up the blue ticket stub.

The material was of thick cardboard, a royal blue with a pink outline. The letters were black, and images of dancers coated the front and back.

"International Ballet Competition," you slowly muttered, trailing off. "This was right before Taehyung... got arrested?"

Too many questions were popping up. Taehyung had been there that night of your final dance competition. Your father bailed him out and was the one who gave him the job at your stable.

Why did your father bail Taehyung, of all people, out of jail? You couldn't wait for a second longer.

You grabbed the packet of court documents and the ticket, then barreled through the hallway with your weakened legs. The two guys, startled by the crazy look in your eyes, stood up and glanced down at your hands.