sᴜᴍᴍᴇʀᴛɪᴍᴇ ʙʟᴜᴇs

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

╰ ☆☆☆☆ ╮

"She's a beaut," Yoongi said, admiring Daisy, who threw her head and flicked her hoof.

You smiled brightly, picking up his arm and laying his hand on her soft caramel coat.

He was hesitant to reach out and touch her, but he slowly began to pet the animal. He tried to hide it, but a grin tugged at the tight corners of his mouth.

The air was hot and dry, dust swiveling over your feet as you both stood over the stall door.

Bees and flies buzzed around in the stable, and he waved a hand to keep them from his ear. He discarded his denim jacket on a back of a wooden chair near a large desk, covered with tools.

"You know, they say you can tell a lot about a person by their horse," he added, glancing at you. "I almost wouldn't be able to tell you two apart, you know, if Daisy was a horse."

You laughed, pushing yourself away by placing your hands on the stall door. "Or if I was a human, you're saying."

You strolled to a wooden stool, then sat with a light groan. Your legs were sore from tending to the other farm animals in the barn.

He shrugged, letting the tension roll off of his shoulders.

Yoongi wasn't one to socialize too much, but he had a way of telling people what he wanted and how he wanted it. It wasn't rare to see him joking or smiling, but he hid it from certain people.

It was only recently that he decided you were no longer one of them. You were not on a heart-to-heart basis yet, but there was a feeling of respect he held for you. That was enough.

"Thanks for being there for Molly a couple of nights ago," Yoongi said, digging his hands into his back pockets. "I know you've known her way longer than I have, so it might not mean as much, but all of the gang stuff freaks her out. You should have seen her when we first met at our parent's wedding."

You weakly smiled, recalling the many conversations you had with your best friend about how bummed she was to be getting an older brother.

She talked about his bad reputation and frequently plotted how she was going to get him into trouble.

Then, something happened over one summer and things changed between them.

Yoongi respected her as a little sister, and she did the same for him as her older brother. They began to look out for one another, protecting each other from people who wanted to say their opinions.

You didn't understand it, and Molly never told you how or why it happened.

"Yeah, I'm surprised she didn't rip my head off when Jimin brought up taking me into Bangtan," you dryly chuckled, tugging a stray hair behind your ear in nervousness.