Chapter Six

Kaori's Point Of View:

My consciousness started kicking in. I stirred slightly. A warm hand was rubbing mine, and I felt many eyes upon me. There was a cover on me, and my hands were resting on the soft blanket. I heard soft crying from two females.

Bright lights shined through my eyelids. I had a breathing cup/mask on, helping me breathe easily. Then the door opened, and someone walked in, closing the door behind him or her.

"Is she awake, Kakashi?" a female asked. The hand, that was rubbing mine, paused. I heard a deep sigh.

"Not yet," I heard Dad say beside me, and the sound of a pen scribbling something on paper hit my ears. My body stirred again. I wanted to see Dad, but my eyes won't open.

"She's been asleep for two weeks now. You'd think she'd be awake by now," the doctor noted. Has it really been that long? My body needs to get it together and wake up.

"I know," Dad mumbled, pulling my hand to his forehead.

"I'm glad she's okay at least. Any second later, she would have been history," the doctor said.

"Yeah, and I owe it to you guys for saving her," Dad spoke. I guess Kurenai, Guy, Iruka Sensei and Asuma Sensei are here. I wonder who else is here. Come on, body, wake up.

"Lee's the one who found her, Kakashi Sensei," Naruto announced. Well, that's a new name for dad.

"I know, and I thank you, Lee."

"It was no big deal," Lee laughed nervously.

Dad chuckled, "Lee, she's my daughter. Of course it's a big deal."

"Right, right. Sorry." After Lee's words, everyone went silent. Mostly all that was heard was my heavy breathing and the heart monitor beeping.

Doana felt restless. I felt a little stronger, knowing she didn't escape her seal. My body felt heavy, but I still wanted to open my eyes. I had to wake up. I needed to. I felt so helpless and weak. I've been asleep for two weeks.

The doctor cleared her throat, "All right. Call me if anything happens or if anyone needs something to eat or drink."

"Will do," Dad answered, and his hand began rubbing mine again. Suddenly, I became the restless one, and I tossed and turned on the bed. My body shook, and times of my past replayed in my mind. Not the usual one where Mom got killed, but all the teasing and bullying from kids and adults. They all flooded into my mind, making Doana tense and growl in anger.

Then, there were even more people in the room, causing my panic to worsen. Dad and Guy held my shoulders down, and Asuma held my legs down. Tears pricked at the corner of my eyes.

I knew my father was worried at the moment, but I was horrified. Nothing made sense at the moment. The heart monitor quickened as my heart pounded in fear. The breathing mask fell off, clunking against the floor.

Then, my eyes snapped open. Dad's frightened eyes lowered my heart rate down drastically. Our eyes locked, and his eyes became glossy with unshed tears.

"There's my girl," he cooed gently. "Easy, kiddo. You're okay. You're safe." He bent down, giving me Eskimo kisses that eased my body completely. Guy and Asuma Sensei let me go, backing away slowly with small smiles. Dad helped me sit up on the bed. I glanced around the room. Geez, when did I become famous?

"Dad," I spoke, my voice cracking due to it being very dry, like a desert. One of the doctors gave me a glass of water. I smiled before drinking it. I sighed gratefully when I finished the glass and set it on my lap, with both hands wrapped around it.

"You okay now?" Dad questioned.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just...the memories...not of Mom...but the other stuff...you know...the uh-"

"I know what you're talking about, kiddo. Don't say it. You're safe now." I smiled sadly at him, but the memories were nagging me. I hated it.

"Will she be okay?" a redhead asked. His eyes were outlined in black eyeliner, and they were lifeless. I glanced away. He looked so alluring, and I think I'm starting to like it. Good grief, I need help.

"She'll be fine now. Just a panic attack," the doctor smiled assuringly.

"Good to hear," Dad sighed in relief. The doctor left me in a room full of people.

"How are you feeling, Kaori?" Ino asked softly. She sniffled, and tears were pouring out of both Sakura and her eyes. It broke me that I caused this pain to them.

"Good, I guess," I whispered. Dad smiled softly down at me.

"That's great to hear," he told me. I sighed. My body was aching horribly. I looked at the three new Shinobi. They weren't from The Hidden Leaf Village. They were from The Hidden Sand Village.

"Who are you guys?" I questioned, referring to the Sand Village Shinobi.

"I'm Konkuro," the black clothed guy announced, pointing at himself. "This is my older sister, Temari." He pointed at the blonde girl. "And our little brother-" Konkuro pointed to the redhead but didn't finish, for the other guy interrupted.

"I'm Gaara," the redhead said with a small nod. God, this ginger was killing me with his looks and now his voice? Oh man, I need serious therapy.

"It's nice to meet all of you," I smiled in return. I faced Dad. "So, when exactly do I get out of this hospital?"

"I'm afraid not for another nine days, kiddo," he answered.

I groaned in annoyance, "Just great. Goodbye, training! Have a nice life!"

954 words.