Chapter Ten

Kaori's Point Of View

We picked up my gift for dad, and we were looking around town for gifts. Everyone wanted to get a gift for dad. He has one giant surprise in store for him.

"Ooh...I think your dad would like this," Tenten said, holding up a full set of weapons. In it had 23 Kunai Knives, 3 daggers, 2 short swords, 8 shuriken, and 16 paper bombs. That's 52 weapons in one case!

Sakura got dad a mug that said, 'Humanities Teacher by Day Ninja by Night' and a mug for her that said, 'Paramedic by Day Deadly Ninja by Night.' Hinata got dad a pillow with the 13, well 14 of us if you count the puppy, on it. Ino also got him a pillow, except it had all of dad's friends on it.

Naruto got dad a cloak the said 'Best Teacher and Shinobi of His time', and it also has the Leaf Village symbol under the wording. Sasuke bought more shurikens for him.

Lee and Neji were getting him a pack of two new pouches, for his were tearing. Let me tell you, that was not a cheap gift. Shino got him a shirt that said 'Sensei' on the back.

Kiba and Akamaru printed a picture of all of us, plus our Senseis, in front of the school. They also bought a picture frame with four different weapons imprinted on each corner for the picture. Top left had kunai knife, and the bottom left had a paper bomb. Top right had a shuriken, and the bottom right had a dagger.

Shikamaru bought a hoodie for him that had our last name, Hatake, on the front and Team 7 on the back. Choji just bought him a bag of candy and a shirt that had the Leaf Village symbol on each sleeve and a giant, white 7 on the back.

What did I get him, you ask? I got him a green hoodie that has Hatake on the back with a big, black 7 under the name. I also got him a to-go cup that says 'Dad Sensei'.

"I think that everyone has amazing gifts for Kakashi Sensei," Naruto announced.

"I agree," Neji stated.

"Well, let's go find him and give him his presents," I spoke up. Ino raised her eyebrow at me. "What is it, Ino?"

"Aren't we forgetting to do something?" she innocently told me.

"What would that be?"

"We didn't wrap the gifts. We have to wrap them, put a To/From tag on, and then we give your dad his presents."

"Right." I glanced at the sky. It's probably like, maybe noon. "We have time, but let's hurry."

A shop, a few feet down, actually would wrap our gifts for 7 coins each. I told the group that I would pay for the wrapping. So while the two ladies professionally wrapped the gifts in a box for each person, we were arguing and bickering about who gets to pay.

"12 present boxes, 7 coins per box, that would be 84 coins. Would you like to buy a sheet of 16 To/From tags for 16 coins?" The lady asked.

"Oh, yes please. That would be great," I replied with a polite smile. The boys sat against the shop, sulking because they lost the argument.

"That brings your total cost to 100 coins." Us five girls communicated softly for a moment before each of us put 20 coins down.

"Thank you. Have a nice day," the other lady told us after gathering the change.

"You as well, ma'am," Sakura replied with a bow of her head.

"Come on, sulking monkeys," I teased.

"You didn't have to pay all of that money," Lee mumbled.

"Here we go again," Tenten sighed.

"Guys, don't worry about it. There's no need to fuss over it. What's done is done. Stop sulking and get over it. I mean, look at Akamaru. He's not complaining. He's his chirpy self," I pointed out.

"He's a dog. He doesn't understand what's going on," Kiba whined.

"Yeah, Kaori. He's not like your dad's summon dog that knows everything," Shikamaru retorted. I exhaled deeply.

"Good grief, you need some help," I sighed.

"What a drag," Shikamaru muttered.

"I found them," Naruto shouted.

"Good work, Naruto," Sakura commented.

"I didn't mean Kakashi Sensei and them. I meant Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari," Naruto said a duh tone.

"Seriously?" I mumbled, looking in the direction he was pointing. I mentally face palmed myself as the three Sand Shinobi walked towards us. I sighed heavily, turning my back to them.

They stopped in front of our group. Temari and Kankuro glanced at each other before looking down. Gaara was staring at my back. Everyone was tense and standing awkwardly.

"What's with you two?" Ino asked.

"Nothing," I bit out. I will not stoop to his level. Never. "Hey there's my dad!" My scowl immediately turned into a grin when I saw the adults sitting on stools in the Ramen place.

"No fair...how come I wasn't invited for ramen?" Naruto pouted. I ignored them. I walked forward, closer to the stand, clutching my present to my chest. I walked in, only to find dad kissing a brunette girl who had what appeared to be her daughter. I hid between the wall and the closet.

"What do we get to do until 5, Dad?" the little girl, around my age, asked.

"Whatever my princesses want," Dad replied. Dad...cheated on...my mother?

"I wanna go get ice cream!" she exclaimed. I came out of hiding with burning unshed tears and a bowed head.

"K-Kaori?" Dad stuttered. "What's wrong, Kiddo? You okay? Are you hurt? Did someone hurt you?" Then the rest of the gang joined the party.

"Hun, who is this girl? Is she one of your students?" the lady asked.

"Well...yes-"

"I'm Kaori Hatake. His 'daughter'."

"Not now, Kaori."

"Right. You can spend time with these people on your birthday, but you can't spare a minute for your daughter? You cheated on my mother. You never told her. You never told me I had this sister figure. You kept everything from me. I wouldn't have been too mad about this if I'd grown up with them."

The tears fell on their own. Everyone was deadly silent, and Dad hung his head in shame. I probably don't have a reason to be mad about any of this. I probably shouldn't feel betrayed.

"I hate you," I muttered, turning towards Iruka, Asuma, Kurenai, and Guy. "You all knew, didn't you...didn't you?" I shouted.

"We knew, but we figured Kakashi would have told you when you were little. We thought you all lived together," Asuma Sensei whispered.

"And who are you to talk about my daddy like that," the girl sneered. I narrowed my eyes at her with a disgusted scowl.

"Oh you're the one to talk, little sister figure," I seethed, drawing back a fist. I swung it at her, but Dad flashed in front of me, catching my wrist in mid-air.

"Don't even think about hurting your sister, Kaori. Mella is innocent," Dad scolded.

"Why are you protecting her?"

"Because she is my daughter, just as you are."

"Apparently I'm not what she is to you. Apparently I'm much less of a star pupil that you're proud to show off. I guess I'm not enough like her because I'm only a student in your eyes!"

"Kaori-"

"No. I'm done being your little shadow that follows you any and everywhere. I am going to make my Shinobi name known for who I am. Not as the daughter of the Copycat Ninja."

"Kaori, listen to me."

"No, dad. I hate this feeling of you betraying not only me, but my mother as well. I hate you," I cried, ripping my wrist from his grip.

I threw his present at him, and I sprinted to the next building, jumping on the roof, and swiftly making my way to the main gate. I never looked back. I kept jumping from roof to roof and tree to tree.

"Is it because I'm a jinchurriki that I'm not his 'perfect' daughter?" I whispered to myself as I headed farther into the forest and away from my so-called village.

1383 words.