Chapter Seven

Kaori's Point Of View:

Now's my chance. I need to get out of here. It's only the next day, but I'm already literally dying. I need my freedom. I can't stay cooped up. I got out of bed, grabbed my clothes, took the quickest shower of my life, changed, and headed for my hospital window.

Good, I'm only on the third floor. I should be fine. I opened the window, crawling out, and holding onto the windowsill with my hands. I released my hands, dropping to the ground. I took a deep breath, allowing the clean air to enter my lungs.

"Hello, freedom," I sighed. I heard my door open from above, and I took off into a full on sprint. The doctor's panics grew quieter as I put more space between me and the hospital.

"Kaori, you little rascal, get back here!" I heard my Dad shout.

"Come back, my youthful butterfly," Guy hollered when I was briefly a mile away. I made handsigns swiftly: three a second. I was crossing the end of a bridge when I twisted my body, smacking my hand on the ground.

"Earth Style: Pentwall Jutsu!" I called. Five walls grew from the bridge blocking Dad and Guy from coming farther. Well, when they got there. I turned back around and continued my journey to freedom. I grinned to myself.

You think they can just jump across or go around? Wrong! Fool! Once they get inside the walls' barrier, each wall has to be destroyed to break it. If they try to jump on the barrier or the top of the wall, the barrier will shock them until they aren't touching it. Same goes for being trapped in the barrier.

I ran with all my might into the forest. I'm so close, just a little longer, legs; just a little longer. Suddenly, my body stopped. What is this? Oh no...is this...?

"Shadow possession jutsu," Shikamaru announced. I fought against it roughly. Just then, I broke free when a certain hyper boy came along and distracted Shikamaru without realizing it. If you guessed Naruto, you're correct. If not: fool!

"Thanks, Naruto," I called back when I was a few meters ahead, but I kept running.

Two hours later, practically the entire village was on the hunt for me. I swallowed, remembering everything I had to go through in order to save my freedom. Here's the list so far:

1. Shadow possession jutsu.
~Shikamaru

2. Multi-Shadow clone jutsu.
~Naruto

3. Mind transfer jutsu.
~Ino

4. Partial expansion jutsu.
~Choji

5. Leaf hurricane jutsu.
~Lee

6. Byakugan.
~Neji

7. Beast human clone jutsu.
~Kiba and Akamaru

8. Chakra enhanced strength.
~Sakura

9. Byakugan.
~Hinata

10. Bukijutsu.
~Tenten

11. Insect clone jutsu.
~Shino

12. Sharingan and Fireball jutsu.
~Sasuke

And that's all that happened in two hours, and I'm surprised I still have chakra left after all of that. I finally made it to my secret hideout. It was my treehouse that was securely hidden and built in the leaves. I built it, so no one knows where it is. It's a few miles away from the village, so I should have time to relax.

I climbed the ladder, slipping in through the open window, and sat down on the floor. I leaned against the wall carefully with a soft groan of pain. I think I overdid my own chakra. My whole body hurt all over again.

I'm glad I got my freedom though. That's what I wanted. I hated being locked up in a room, and I'm not allowed to leave. I can't handle that. I...I just can't.

"May I enter?" a familiar voice asked gently. I jumped slightly, looking over to the window. The redhead guy from earlier was poking his head in and resting his arms on the windowsill.

"Su-sure," I stuttered. Come on...get it together, girl. He pulled himself inside and sat right beside me. So close that our shoulders were brushing against each other. He sighed heavily, and his head dropped back against the wall. I just stared at the ground in silence. A small blush, crept onto my cheeks, burning them. Then I gazed at Gaara.

"What's wrong?" Gaara looked at me with small flecks of worry that flashed in his eyes. I huffed, gazing into his eyes that made my heart melt with a weird feeling deep down.

"How did you find me?"

"The sand knows some things others do not. They're ancient grains that's been around for billions of years."

"I don't get it. Are you saying that your sand lead you to me?" Gaara nodded, a soft smile playing on his lips. His yummy, delicious looking, kissable lips. I could kiss them.

Whoa, where did that come from? Doana teased me. I internally groaned and mentally face palmed myself.

I don't even want to know where I just randomly got that idea, I said back.

"You okay?" His eyes held me in a trance. I don't think I could break through. Instead, I nodded my head. He smirked evilly. He leaned in closer until our faces were millimeters apart from each other.

Our breaths mixed perfectly, blowing gently against each other's face. As soon as our lips brushed, a male cleared his throat, interrupting what was to be my-our-perfect moment.

890 words.