Chapter Twelve

Kaori's Point Of View:

Three months...wow. I've never been away from my dad this long, but I feel free. All of the pain and pressure seemed to have lifted off of my shoulders.

"What should I do now, Shein?" I asked my summon wolf.

"How am I supposed to know? That Akatski group is growing, and we're out here on our own, fending for ourselves," Shein huffed.

"Yeah, yeah. You're right."

"I'm always right, Love."

"Why must you be the creepiest summon ever?"

"Because you love me."

"What did you just say?"

"I said-"

"You wish I loved you."

"Babe..." he whimpered. I laughed and scratched behind his ear.

"You're a good boy," I whispered. He barked with joy, wagging his little tail.

The bushes rustled. The birds jumped from branches, scattering and fleeing from the scene. I gulped, gazing at Shein. He snarled. Dark figures landed in front of us. The black cloaks had red clouds, symbolizing only one thing.

"Akatski," I whispered. My gaze couldn't stay on one person. It traveled around each member. My chest tightened, and my breath caught. I swallowed harshly.

"What a pretty little face. Can we keep her?" the shark dude, with the creepy wrapped sword, asked.

"No," replied the guy with the Sharingan. He's an...Uchiha? Just like Sasuke?

"What do you want with me?" I asked. I hope they didn't catch my voice wavering. My hands were shaking, and my heart was pounding in my chest. I stood to my feet hastily, backing away. I picked up Shein.

"I'm Madara, young child. You've been hurt, so why don't we show you how to release your anger?" The masked guy invited. My eyes widened. I shook my head, backing away from them. I bumped into a wall. I turned my head back.

"My, I think Itachi has taken a liking to this one," Madara said. The Uchiha glared at him, his Sharingan on full display. His hand covered my mouth, gently almost.

"I want nothing more than to kill her, but she may be useful," he stated coldly. Ice cold shivers ran down my spleen. Fear sprang in my heart, gripping it tightly.

I bit Itachi's hand hard. He jerked his hand back, and I sprinted. Shein went from a puppy to a horse sized dog. I leaped on, and we raced away from the Akatski.

"And this is why I hate children," the Uchiha shouted in anger. I heard them coming after me. Shein whimpered before disappearing. Something caught me, and I instantly blacked out.

Orochimaru's Point of View:

Manda, my snake summon, rised above the Akatski. I kneeled in front of the small child. How long has it been since she ate? She's so thin. I looked at Tsunade and Jiraiya. Then I glanced at the four other Hokages and the Kazekage.

"Let's go, Manda," I ordered.

"Yes, Master Orochimaru," he replied, slithering away from the Akatski.

I sighed as Jiraiya picked up the limp girl. What was she doing all the way out here? Tsunade worked her magic, healing all of the wounds on the fragile child. Her eyes snapped open, and she sat up quickly, looking around in fear.

"Easy, Kid. You'll hurt yourself more," Hashirama told her, kneeling beside his grandaughter. I stayed put between Tobirama and Jiraiya.

"She's frightened. The poor thing," Jiraiya whispered. "She's so much different than Naruto."

"Sasuke as well."

"As well as Sakura."

"Yes they're a fearless bunch," Minato said. The girl looked at us in shock.

"You guys know team 7?" she asked in curiosity. We looked at each other.

"What do you mean?" Tobirama asked.

"Sakura, Naruto, and Sasuke form team 7," she explained. I looked at my team members.

"Kaori Hatake? I didn't even recognize you. You're so thin, it's hard to tell," my sensei, Hiruzen Sarutobi, said.

"She's one of us?" Tobirama questioned. Sensei nodded his head. "What in the world are you doing all the way out here then?" The little one bowed her head. Her shoulders shook gently, signaling she was crying. Tsunade gripped her shoulders, shaking her back to reality.

"You listen here, Kid. You do not cry in front of the Kages, understood?"

"Tsunade, leave the girl alone," Jiraiya scolded her. They glared at each other for a solid minute.

"I'm sorry. I'm losing the battle, and I have no upper hand," Kaori said. Everyone looked at her. "Doana wants out, and she will stop at nothing to get out of her seal."

752 words.