☁️5☁️

Mrs. Park smiled softly to herself once she realized that Jisung was staying with Minho during lunch. This is exactly what she was hoping for when she told Jisung to sit next to Minho from the start. Minho had always spent lunch and any other free time in her classroom, at first it was so she could teach him sign language, but then he would just stay there and do other work. Simply to avoid other people. She wanted him to have a friend.

"I have to go do something in the teacher break room," she quickly excused herself in order to give the two some privacy since she had a habit of eves dropping when it came to people signing.

"How old are you?" Jisung asked once their teacher had left. He assumed that Minho was older than him since they had no other classes together but he just wanted to confirm his suspicions.

"17, you?"

"I'm 16," Jisung responded.

"Are you new to this school?" Minho questioned and Jisung quickly shook his head no.

"I've been going here since 9th grade."

"And you don't have other friends that you would rather sit with?"

"I have other friends that I could sit with but I want to sit with you instead," Jisung replied and Minho was still quite surprised by how much sign language he had managed to learn in such a little amount of time. Not even he was as persistent as Jisung seemed to be when he was learning and Minho actually had a reason to learn it, to him, it didn't seem like Jisung did.

"Why did you decide to take sign language class?" Minho asked as Jisung paused to think about how to sign his answer. "You can talk, you don't have to sign."

"But I want to sign." Jisung pouted.

"Yeah but...you've really only been signing for a couple of days. You can talk for now and once you learn more, you can start signing instead."

"Are you implying that we'll be talking a lot more in the future?" Jisung asked, now switching to Korean since Minho was right, he was going to have a lot more opportunities to sign to him once he becomes more fluent.

"Well, you did say that you want to be friends, right?"

"Yeah, I do. And I actually didn't exactly mean to end up in sign language. I kept the language section blank so that my guidance counselor could choose for me since I'm indecisive. I really like the class though, and Mrs. Park is also really nice." Jisung explained, blushing slightly because of how Minho was looking at him while he spoke.

"She's my favorite teacher."

"I think she might be mine too...how long have you been learning sign language?" Jisung asked curiously then quickly realized that it might be a sensitive topic considering how hesitant Minho was about telling him that he wasn't deaf earlier. "Nevermind, you don't have to answer that."

"Do you sing?" Minho asked out of nowhere, surprising the younger since that was, in fact, one of his hobbies but he had no idea where Minho had gotten that from.

"Yeah, I mainly like rapping but I sing sometimes too. How did you know?"

"Your voice is really nice," Minho replied, causing Jisung to go into full-on panic mode as his mouth seemed to react way faster than his brain could process.

"So is your face," Jisung said aloud causing Minho's face to turn a bright shade of red, not knowing how to respond to the sudden compliment. Of course, a lot of people thought Minho was pretty but he was never aware of it since no one ever got far enough into a conversation with him to mention that fact. "I meant um- thank you. I could let you listen to one of the songs I wrote if you're interested."

"If you're comfortable sharing them then sure," Minho replied, happy that Jisung had changed the subject before things got too awkward.

"Do you have any hobbies?"

"I'm in dance class, and I've always liked dancing a lot." The older signed and suddenly his blank expression changed as his eyes practically lit up at the mention of the topic.

"Is there someone named Hyunjin in your class?"

"I think so."

"He's kinda tall, has longish black hair, really overdramatic."

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who you're talking about." Minho paused for a moment as he wondered why Jisung would ask about him, "Do you like him?"

"No!- Not that there's anything wrong with him but he's my best friend and he already has a boyfriend who threatens me if I do as much as hug Hyunjin."

"Oh okay. Well, he's really good at dancing."

"You probably are too."

"I'm okay at it."

"Maybe I could come to watch you practice one day after school...if you would be okay with that. When Hyunjin and I were in 9th grade, he would always make me stay after school to watch him or to teach me one of the choreographies because he thought it was fun." Jisung explained.

"You dance?"

"I can but I'm not amazing at it or anything, definitely not as good as you."

"You've never seen me dance. How would you know?"

"I just have a feeling that you're extremely good at it." Jisung signed in response, hoping the compliment would get Minho to smile but for some reason, he seemed extremely against it. Every time Jisung thought he was going to he either ended up getting embarrassed and blushed instead or would press his lips into a line in order to prevent himself from doing so.

"Would you actually want to come to watch me after school?" Minho questioned, looking almost hopeful that Jisung wasn't just joking around when he said that.

"I would love to." The younger replied and once again Minho's lips formed into a line as he prevented himself from smiling once again.

"I practice pretty much every day after school so whenever you want to."

"I'll come to watch tomorrow" Jisung smiled but it quickly turned into a frown once he heard the bell, signaling that lunch was over. He wanted to stay there and talk to Minho for the rest of the day but sadly, he couldn't miss classes...or more so he wasn't going to ask Minho to skip his classes so that they could continue talking.

Minho gave him another small wave as he packed up his stuff.

"Bye Minho," Jisung said before rushing out of his classes so that he wouldn't be late for his next one.