Chapter 8

Issy sat in the white room, her legs would bouncing up and down and she was picking the skin around her fingernails. Molly had been called in and she has been in there for a while.

She eventually came out with this guard and this pink-haired woman holding her up. She was groaning and mumbling.

What have they done to her?

"What'd they do to her?" Christina asked.

Exactly Issy's thoughts.

Four walked out and called Issy in.

Issy stood up and made her way over to four, he led her inside the orange lit room just like someone had done on testing day. The day where she was supposed to find out what faction she should choose, but it didn't, it had to be her.

"Take a seat," four told her while closing the door.

Four was putting the syringe together while she was getting comfy, neither of them spoke about the ferries wheel, it was just sort of hanging in the air.

"I'm going to inject you with a serum that stimulates the part of your brain that processes fear," four told her.

"How fun," Issy replied moving her legs around so they were comfy.

"It induces a hallucination, and then transmitters in the serum allow me to see the images in your mind," he carried on.

"You can see inside my mind?" Issy asked playing with her nails, it was an old habit she picked up from her mother.

"Mm-hmm," four replied.

Four walked closer and pushed Issy back into the seat, he then proceeded to push a piece of hair behind her ear and inject the needle with the serum into her neck.

Issy let out a small moan of pain as the needle pierced her neck.

"You're gonna be facing your worst fears Issy, most people tend to have about 10-15 really bad ones, you have to calm yourself, slow your heart rate and your breathing and deal with what's in front of you," he told her.

Issy let out a breath, she was terrified, if four had found out he would immediately rat her out.

"Be brave," were the last words that slipped out of fours mouth before she was sent unconscious.

It was like a void of nothing to start with, felt like she was sleeping.

When she awoke again she was in abnegation, Issy walked through the door and realised it was her old house but something felt off.

She walked into the kitchen to see her mother father and sister all sitting around the table, three masked men all had guns pointed at their heads. There was a loud bang and the scenery switched

Fear: losing loved ones

Issy was now standing on top of a cliff, waves crashing against the rocks below. Issy heard a bunch of laughter and turned her head to see Peter, molly and Al walking toward her.

"Look how pathetic she looks," Al commented causing the three to laugh.

"You're nothing but a freak," Molly said pointing at her.

Issy felt small, she felt betrayed by Al someone who she saw as a little brother.

They all walked towards her, Peter threw a punch, remembering what four said she watched his feet and dodged the punch.

Al went for her knees, he kicked them and Issy fell back onto her tailbone.

The group of three were trying to throw her over, but Issy knew she wasn't going down without a fight.