Chapter 11

Issy was woken up by the sun bursting through Fours windows and then she felt the bed dip to the side.

Four had walked over and were now sitting on the edge of the bed by Issy.

"Hi,"

"Hey," four replied.

"Come on I wanna show you something," he continued.

Four stood up as Issy threw the covers off herself and started to follow Four to the back of his apartment.

"Look,"

Issy took a look down to see dauntless and erudite.

The dauntless soldiers were loading in supplies, hundreds of them.

"Erudite," Issy spoke.

"Yeah, they're here every morning, I've been watching them for weeks," Four told her.

"What are they doing at dauntless?" She asked hoping she wouldn't be right and that they weren't loading in supplies.

"Loading in supplies,"

For fuck sake.

"Computers," four carried on.

He had pulled out this glass case with a brown liquid inside, it looked like a serum.

"And these," Four-handed her the glass vile.

"What is it?"

"I think it's some sort of controlling transmitter, you inject it like a serum,"

"Why?"

"It's supposed to make you more susceptible to suggestion, as many as they have they could create an army,"

"But why would erudite, want an arm-" Issy spoke before the was cut off by the PA.

"Attention all initiates please report for final testing," it spoke.

"All initiates report for final testing," the PA rang out again.

Issy looked down and started to fiddle with the glass vile in her hands. She was nervous, this was a life or death situation.

Four moved her hair away from her face, and she looked up at him.

"You're ready."

"You can do this." He reassured her.

They both walked out of his apartment and four took her where the final testing would take place, she was sitting in a room with a door in it waiting to be called.

"Issy," Tori came in.

Issy stood up and walked through the door, there was a massive room with the orange chair in the middle with maybe two or more computers, she was surrounded by erudite members and dauntless members, Jeanine was there and so was Max, they found out she was divergent, they would kill her immediately.

Issy took a quick scan of the room and noticed four walking toward her.

"They can see your hallucinations on the screen," he walked with her up the chair.

"So you get past your fears the way a dauntless would. But do it quickly,"

"Right," Issy spoke.

"If I'm too good they'll kill me and if I'm too slow I'll die," she said referring to Jeanine.

"That's the one," four said letting her step up the podium.

"Good luck," he told her before walking off.

She sat down in the chair waiting to be injected.

"Good luck Issy, I hope you make it," Tori spoke before she was sent unconscious.