Chapter 2

The Masons were all walking to where the choosing ceremony would take place.

Isabella walked into the auditorium, the sound echoing off all the walls, dauntless was the loudest out of all five factions.

Turning her head to the left there were five bowls- each faction and a knife lay in the middle of the podium.

Jeanine Matthews was walking down the Erudite stairs, her clipboard in her hands.

"Morning Jeanine" Ryan states.

"Good morning Ryan, how's Marcus holding up," she asked.

"As well as to be expected" my father replies to the woman in blue.

"We need to find out who's behind these rumours" Jeanine suggests.

"I think we all know who it is" my mother states.

"If it's someone from erudite, I promise I'll find out who... These are your children I don't think I knew they were choosing today"

"What's your name?" she questions Crystal.

"I'm Crystal" she shakes hands with Jeanine.
"It's a pleasure to meet you"

"Jeanine Matthews"

She turns to Isabella.

"This is Isabella" her sister answers for her.

"Both have a big decision to make today, I'm sure your parents will support whatever choice you make"

Isabella's parents turn to look at each other.

"Well it's not supposed to be a choice, the test should tell us what to do"

"You're still free to choose"

"But you don't want that" Isabella argues.

"Isabella!" her sister scowls her.

Jeanine takes a step closer to Isabella, looking her up and down.

"I want you to choose who you truly are, and where you truly belong, not on our will, not because you wish you're someone you're not, but because you honestly know yourself. I want you to choose wisely"  Jeanine looks at all four of us.

"And I know you will" she finishes.

Everyone in the auditorium finds their seats and sits down, a few moments pass and everyone's clapping, Jeanine steps out in front of the five bowls.

"The faction system is a living being, composed of cells, all of you, and the only way it can survive and thrive is for each of you to claim your rightful place, the future belongs to those who know where they belong" She states loud and clear for the whole room to hear.

Marcus Eaton- leader of abnegation steps up onto the podium.

"When we leave this room, you will no longer be dependent but full-fledged members of our society" He pauses.

"Faction before blood"

"Faction before blood," everyone else says in sync, not Isabella, she stays silent in the seat, wanting to get this done and over with.

Sophia places a hand on Isabella's as a way to comfort her.

"I love you" Sophia whispers.
"No matter what" she finishes.

"Jonathan Ziegler" Marcus shouts.

Isabella watches as a boy from erudite makes his way over to the podiums.

No doubt he'll stay in erudite.

"Erudite" Marcus announces.

"Jerrfery gates" Marcus calls out.