Chapter 17

Issy took the lead taking him out the door she went in too, Four walked and Marcus stood up to take a long look at his son.

"Tobias," he spoke.

Four just looked him up and down and said
"We need to keep moving," and with that, he just carried on walking.

Four had taken a gun from a dead body and moved forward.

Issy was walking right beside four, Crystal, Peter and Marcus trailing not far behind and Ivan was standing behind the group, again making sure nobody could sneak upon them.

As four burst open the door, he pointed his gun out making sure the coast was clear before they all moved out.

"Alright, move," he spoke and they all began running.

The dauntless soldiers that had stormed abnegation were helping one another to their feet.

They could see the train leaving, so they all decided to sprint.

Peter runs ahead and four jumping onto the side pushing the button to open the doors.

Crystal was good at this, she would've done well in dauntless.

Marcus was running after four with his hand out as if four was gonna help him Issy thought.

"Son," Marcus grunted.

Four took a look inside the cart and helped Marcus in.

Issy was running right in front of four, she was gonna make it on her own.

"I got it," she screamed over the train.

"I know you do," four swiftly grabbed her and pulled her up, his arm snaking around her waist to keep her from falling.

As the train kept on moving four pushed Issy into the cart and then pulled himself in, closing the doors in the process.

The train was now on the bridge, Issy had hugged four, it turned out they both needed it.

They just hugged in comfortable silence, not sure of what to say.

"My mom and dad died today," Issy whispered into his jacket.

"They're gone because of me,"

"I know," four replied.

"But they loved you, Issy, for them there was no better way of showing it," he comforted her.

Issy pulled back, fours chin was now resting on her forehead,
"Now we have nothing," she sniffled.

"We have no home, no faction, no nothing,"

"I don't even know who I am anymore," she told him truthfully.

Four pulled her head up to look at him.

"I know exactly who you are,"

"You sure about that," she whispered.

Four just have a little nod,
"Yeah, I'm very sure,"

They stayed in the silence once more, nothing was left to say.

They just looked at each other.

"Come here," Issy had wrapped her arms around Four's torso and started silently crying into his shoulder.

She was at her breaking point.

Four felt as if his job was to protect her ever since he saw molly beat her to a pulp, he had fallen for the girl and he had fallen deeply.

It was now Issy and Four against the world.

A short one, but this is the end of protector :((((
I will post an epilogue so no need to worry, and there will be a book 2 and three <3

A short one, but this is the end of protector :((((I will post an epilogue so no need to worry, and there will be a book 2 and three <3