Chapter 9

Issy needed alone time so she went to get a tattoo,  she had decided on the abnegation symbol as that's where she originally came from.

She went straight to Tori, she was the one who first told her when she found out she was divergent. Issy handed Tori the orange class plate.

"Id like this one please," Issy said anxiously sitting down in the chair.

"How did the test go?" Tori asked.

"It was okay, four questioned me a bit but I'm fine," Issy responded.

"Can I ask you something," Issy asked.

She got a hum of tori.

"Why didn't you tell anyone when you first found out?"

"Well my brother was like you, during the second stage he got good really fast, last day of the simulations one of the dauntless leaders came to watch him," Tori was playing with her hands, something Issy did when she was anxious.

"And the next morning we found his body at the bottom of the chasm," she finished tears welling in her eyes.

Tears were forming in Issy's eyes too.

Was this gonna be her fate?
Was she gonna be found at the bottom of the chasm?

"They got rid of him," she says her voice just above a whisper.

"Who did," Issy finally looked up at Tori.

"Dauntless leadership, you can't let them find out about you," Tori told her.

Issy saw a bit of Crystal in Tori, always looking out for her.

"And what if they already know?"

"Then you're already dead," Tori whispered to her.

Tori finished up the tattoo, Issy liked it, it remained her of home, her family.

She decided she was going to see Crystal at Candor, she threw open the double doors and looked behind her to see if anyone was following her, which they weren't.

She got onto the train, it was only her. She leaned against the wall of the cart and just sat there in silence, letting her thoughts consume her.

As she was walking up to the doors on Candor, she noticed all the stares, how people moved out of the way when she was walking towards them and all the looks but it didn't bother her, if she was still in abnegation it would've been a different story.

She walked up the stairs of Candor, only to see Crystal walking towards her, dressed in white pants and a black blouse. She looked smart.

"Hey Isabella," Crystal said.

Issy didn't reply but just hugged her sister, she missed her.

"What are you doing here?" Crystal questioned her.

"I'm in trouble," Issy replied.

Crystal had pulled her out into a corridor, somewhere, where they could talk alone.

"What happened?" Crystal asked.

"I'm not gonna make it into dauntless," Issy told her honestly.

"I don't fit in there,"

"You have to fit in there," Crystal told her.

"I can't!"

Issy took a deep breath, thinking of what she should say next. She didn't even know why she came to Candor in the first place.

"I'm just not like them,"

Crystal gave off a laugh,
"I mean who is, they're crazy,"

"Maybe I can go back home, with mom and dad,"