Chapter 12

All of the initiates were in the cafeteria and Max was in front of everyone.

"Congratulations, new members of Dauntless,"
Max spoke up.

The group of dauntless-born and transfers erupted into cheering and clapping.

Christina and Issy hugged, while Will and Tris let out a cheer.

Everyone was hugging each other and Ivan made his way over to Issy.

"Congrats Is," he spoke.

"You too," she smiled at the boy.

Ivan and Issy had bonded in such a short amount of time it was crazy.

The group of four was walking down to the pit, Will put an arm around Christina and started ticking her side, as they got into the pit everyone in dauntless was there.

"Alright everybody line it up," a male spoke.

"What's going on," Issy asked the group.

"Alright listen up," Eric spoke.

"Before you leave tonight, I want you all in four lines."

"Everyone gets a tracking device, don't ask questions it's just a precaution," he continued.

Everyone is dauntless made their way into four lines.

People had already started to get their 'tracking device' and were walking off as if nothing happened.

Something deeper was going on and Issy seemed to be the only one to notice it.

"Do you see four?" Issy asked Tris.

"No," she replied.

"What's going on?" Will asked the group.

"Oh my god," Issy started walking off to find four.

As she was about to leave Eric stopped her.

"Congratulations," he spoke with a smirk on his face.

"You should be first in line, I'll make it easy for you," he told her as a sharp pain erupted throughout her whole body.

She turned around to see a dauntless male had just injected her.

"Hurts like a bitch huh,"

"Now you're one of us," Eric grinned.

He walked off as Issy clutched her neck, she needed to find four and she needed to find him fast.

In the end, Issy couldn't find four, he was nowhere to be found so she made her way to the sleeping chambers and went to sleep.

About an hour before they had to wake up Issy heard people moving around, so she sat up to see what was going on.

People were getting on their shoes and putting on their clothes all at the same time.

She noticed Christina looking at her.

"Hey what's-" Issy trailed off.

She threw the covers off her and walked over to where her shoes were, clutching her neck Issy mutters a small 'oh my god.

She had realised that they weren't tracking devices but they were like controlling serums.

She knew what she had to do to avoid discovery. So she put on her shoes and jacket and followed everyone else.

Issy was walking behind Tris, everyone seemed to be under the stimulation but her.

Everyone made a line and was making their way to a table.