Nice choice of words

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Nice choice of words

A week had passed and it was Tuesday again, so that meant dance class with Draco. But today headmistress McGonagall is going to watch and pick out one student for the opening dance.
Also, multiple boys and girl have come up to Venus and ask her to be their date for the ball, but she politely declined. She really was planning on going all alone.

The group of Slytherins were on their way to dance class when Albus spoke up "Veen, I've seen you decline dozen of people already, the ball is in three weeks and if you keep going like this you might end up alone" he said and swung his arm around her shoulders.

She rolled her eyes "maybe that was my whole point. I don't need a partner to have fun. And besides, I don't see you having a date" she pointed out.
She saw Scorpius look down at his feet in the corner of her eye, she hoped he secretly got the message, she hated turning him down so she hopes he won't ask her at all.

"Touché, but I've got it all under control Veener weener, you just watch" Albus said and playfully nudged her side.

She looked at him horrified "Veener weener?" He just shrugged.

They arrived at the great hall and Draco was already there with the headmistress, in its full glory.
She gave him a small smile and went to find a place with her group.
"Do you all know what to do, or do Ms. Arkalis and I need to freshen up your memories?" Draco started with his hands in his pockets.

"Do freshen up our memory" Carmen said and shot her a quick wink.

Draco nodded and walked over to Venus "may I have this dance Ms. Arkalis?" He asked politely.
She gave him a smile and a nod, placing her hand in his and he guided her to the dance floor again. They placed their hands in the correct positions and Filch turned on the music.
And just like that they danced like no one was watching, again. It just felt so good, so safe, he made her feel so safe.
They maintained eye contact and she saw him looking at her with so much adoration, it must be a reflection of her own, because she adores this man.
They danced to the music, like they've danced together their whole lives.
She snapped back to reality when the music stopped and heard people applaud them. She looked around and saw the headmistress clapping enthusiastically and smiling at her. Oh no.
"I hope our demonstration helped, Ms. Arkalis and I will walk around for those in need, find your partner and get to work" he said and clapped his hands twice.

Venus walked around when she heard someone call her name "Venus, can you come and help us?" Venus turned around and nodded her head.

"What's up Marie" she asked the girl, she hooked up with her a few times in sixth year, but Marie wanted more and Venus just wasn't ready for commitment. Let's put it out there that it didn't end well between the two.

"We don't know where to place our hands properly, and we don't know the steps, care to help?" She asked with a smirk.
Venus opened her mouth to explain "no I'd rather you demonstrate it, with me" she said and waved her over. Venus rolled her eyes internally but walked over anyway.

She placed her hand on Marie's lower back "you," she pointed to Marie's partner "watch closely, I won't demonstrate it again" the poor guy nodded his head quickly.
"Follow my lead and watch my feet, both of you" she said and started to dance. And Marie definitely knew what she was doing "you seem to know the steps pretty well, care to explain why I'm here then" Venus asked with a bored tone.