Look at the bright side

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Look at the bright side

⚠️ WARNING: this chapter contains mentions of sexual assault and violence ⚠️

Today is Saturday, which means today Venus has to go home for dinner with her mother, Cormac and Viktor. And to say she's stressed is an understatement.
"Darling calm down, I will be there, just make sure your occlumency walls are down" he said while rubbing her back in a soothing way, Venus's leg was going up and down fast and she had the urge to pull out all her hair. I fucking hate this.

Draco placed his hand on her knee, making it stop trembling "I'm sorry, I'm just so stressed, I don't know what to expect" she said nervously.

He looked at her with worry "I don't know either love, I don't like this at all" not helping Draco.

It was now 6pm and she had to leave "Draco I don't want to go, help me" she said and walked over to him. He immediately embraced her and placed soft kisses on the top of her head.

"It's okay my love, we will do this together and then we will make sure you never have to face them again yeah?" He said soothingly, she nodded her head and let go of him.
"Okay darling, hold on to me tightly so we can apparate" he said and put his arm around her.
She held on to him tightly and then they apparated.

"I thought we couldn't apparate inside Hogwarts" she said looking up to him, he smirked at her.

"Perks of being a professor princess" he said and kissed her nose.

They stood in front of her gate and she unlocked it nervously "you will be right here?" She asked looking back at him. He nodded at her.

"I promise love, and if you're not out within one hour I'm going in there yeah?" She nodded and smiled at him.

She made her way to the front door and unlocked it "mother, I am home" she yelled through the hallway. Her mother came from the living room.

"Oh hello my darling, how I've missed you" she said and hugged her, Venus hugged her back awkwardly.

"Hello mother, how have you been?" She asked her mother politely.

Her mother smiled at her "I've been okay sweetheart, Cormac has been there for me so I hope you can give him another chance" Venus gave her mother a fake smile.

"Where is he by the way?" She asked.

"He's already in the dining area with Viktor, let's go" her mother said and walked away, motioning for Venus to follow her.

When Venus entered the dining area her heart rate was going crazy, there he was, Viktor McLaggen, the boy who doesn't know the word consent and got away with it.
"Hello Venus, lovely to see you again" Viktor said with a nasty smirk plastered on his face.
She just nodded at him and looked over to his idiot father.

"hello Mr. McLaggen, great to see you again, my apologies for my behavior on New Years" she said in her sweetest fake tone she could muster. He gave her a smile. Fucking creep.

"It's quite alright dear, let's just have a fresh start" he sand and hold out his hand for her to shake.
She took his hand and gave it a firm shake, and smiled. Fake it till you make it.
"So you've met my son Viktor, he told me you were rather close in school" Cormac said and went back to sit down.

"I wouldn't use the word close sir, but maybe he mistook my signals for friendliness" she said, with a double meaning.

"Oh come on Veen, we had fun, didn't we?" Viktor asked with fake innocence.