7//~guilt~

We try to hide our feelings
but we forget that ut eyes can speak

✧༺♥༻∞

Clutching onto the glass of milk for dear life, Ajabde hurried along the field. She had nearly made it and the bell rang echoing through the walls- indicating the end of the prahar and her time to complete the punishment.

She felt very accomplished despite the aching feeling in her legs and the burning thirst for water in her throat. She reached the grounds and looked around for Kunwar Pratap and found him practicing with another student of his.

Ajabde tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around, a permanent, irritated expression glued to his face. Ajabde rolled her eyes, here she was still smiling behind the cover of the turban despite panting and running miles, and there he was frowning for no reason.

She handed him the glass of milk clutching her cramping side as the bell rang.

His eyes widened in surprise slowly turning to shock.

"Tum such mein gaoshala gaye the?" he asked.

"Ji...ji...Aap-" Ajabde choked out but her throat was too dry to complete the sentence.

"Pagal wagal to nahi ho gaye ho? Abhi to chhote se bache ho, 10 saal se ek din bade nahi." he yelled. Everyone turned around and looked at the pair. Ajabde's eyes were glassy now, she frowned at him as she struggled to hold her tears back.

"Bacho ko nahi hota abhyas you eetni door chalne ya bhagne ka" he said.

"Yeh galat hain..." Ajabde replied, her voice dry and raspy.

"Pehle to yeh doodh piyo," he said handing her back the glass of milk. Ajabde shook her head.

"Aap piyo," she replied as everyone stared at them.

"A-aap ke liye laya hoon main," she said making sure to use the masculine form.

"Pyas nahi luggi kya?!" he exclaimed at her. Ajabde flinched but refused to take the milk.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

Kunwar Pratap POV

"A-aap ke liye laya hoon main," the little kid said.

"Pyas nahi luggi kya?!" he exclaimed at Ajab. He knew well enough the thirst one felt after running so long but why was this kid being so stubborn? That was beyond his understanding but right now, his patience was running thin.

"Pyas...ss Pyas to luggi...hain. Bohoth par...aap...jab tak na piye yeh dudh aur mujhe kuksha mein shamil na kare...mein...mein nahi piyunga jaal," he said.

He looked at the boy with gritted teeth. He wanted to slam the glass down and let the boy die of thirst. It wasn't his problem...or was it? He knew he had been too harsh on the kid but the prince hadn't actually thought that the boy would do it. He only wanted to use it as bait to get him out of there as Kunwar Pratap did not want to be burdened with babysitting.

He looked around, everyone was looking at him. He chugged the glass of cool, fresh milk down in front of everybody and threw the empty glass away while glaring at Ajab.

Not breaking eye contact, he advanced toward the clay pot which held water, and uncovered the lid. He looked inside frustrated to see it empty. Why must everyone and everything test his limits today? Kunwar Pratap slammed the pot breaking it.

Once again Ajab flinched and it didn't go unnoticed by him. What was the kid trying to accomplish by training as a soldier when he flinched at the smallest of sounds?

Wherever You Stray, I Follow (Kunwar Pratap/Ajabde [PrAja])जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें