29//~let the war begin~

"Thodi daal nikal do aur usme aur mirchi daalo," Ajabde said.

"Mirchi? Parantu aapne kaha tha ki Bhavjiraj nahi kha-"

"Hum jaante hain ki humne kya kaha tha. Ab tum thodi aur mirchi daalo," Ajabde instructed with an evil smile on her face. The cook did as instructed and Ajabde tasted it once the spice was added.

"Ah." she said feeling the spice tingle on her tongue. If even she thought it was spicy, Kunwar Pratap was done for. He had negative spice tolerance. Anything moderately spicy would have him dancing for a pot of water.

Revenge would be sweet for her, not for him. (MUHAHAHAHAHA!)

Once everybody took a seat and Ajabde had to once again call out the kids on not washing their hands, she began serving.

"Aaj kya koi khas baat hain? Eetna mukura rahi ho tum?" Kunwar Pratap asked her just as she serve him the special daal.

"Ji, daal aaj khas aapke liye banai hain," she said to him sweetly causing his face to light up.

"Suchi?" he asked. 

"Muchhi," Ajabde replied. He instantly turned the entire bowl over into his rice and took a bite of the daal rice. Ajabde watched with great pleasure as the smile slowly morphed into horror and sweat beads formed on his forehead.

She sat down beside him with a sweet smile.

"Kya pasand nahi aiyi daal?" Ajabde asked him, batting her eyelashes innocently.

"Ajabde." he barely got out of his mouth while looking daggers into her.

She handed him a glass of water which he chugged down immediately. She knew full well that this was not enough to set out the fire which had most likely formed from the spice.

"Yadhi nahi khaya ja raha hain to bata dijiye," she whispered to him. He looked over, no he actually glowered at her as she looked at him with a sweet, innocent smile.

"Kya koi pareshaani hain?" Rani Sajjabai asked Kunwar Pratap.

"Haan, Kunwar Pratap, Koi pareshaani hai to hume bataiye," Ajabde asked with the fakest worried expression.

He took a deep breath, glaring at Ajabde while she tried not to smile ear-to-ear.

"Nahi Manjrima," he barely managed to say. Everyone went back to their food as Kunwar Pratap and Ajabde had a battle of eye contact. His hazel eyes glared at her threateningly but Ajabde had no fear in her own pair of dark brown eyes.

"Agli baar hume darane hetu shadiyantra ki rachna mut kijiyega," she warned.

"Tum nahi jaanti ki tumne kise panga liya hain," Kunwar Pratap said turning a shade redder than he was before all from the spice.

"Aap bhojan to khaiye," Ajabde insisted. He continued eating the daal rice while audibly struggling. Ajabde wanted to go to her room and giggle out loud. She was worried her giggles would escape right now, in front of the royal family.

Kunwar Pratap was the last one to finish eating.

"Tumhe iska parinaam bhog na hoga," he whispered into her ear once he was finally finished eating. Ajabde giggled quietly while Kunwar Pratap now worked on formulating a plan.

~-~-~

"Aap aaj jaldi tayar ho gaye?" Ajabde asked rubbing her eyes still a little sleepy. She was usually first to rise but today Kunwar Pratap had woken up and had already gotten ready by the time Ajabde woke up.

"Ya hume deri ho gayi?" she asked looking out the window.

"Aapko deri nahi hui hain, hum hi jaldi jaag gaye kyunki aaj sena nirakshan phir se arambh ho raha hain," he said. "To uski vyastha karni hain,"

Wherever You Stray, I Follow (Kunwar Pratap/Ajabde [PrAja])जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें