Dazai Steals My BBQ Chips

Ranpo Edogawa

I'm a smart guy, though I'm sure you already knew that. I mean, I'm practically a genius.

Have you seen how many cases I've solved with so little evidence? Whether or not some of those times I just got lucky is another story, however, for some new girl to waltz on in, tell me I'm wrong about a case, figure it out before me, and then die is unacceptable. 

Don't tell Dazai, but I'm not as upset as I probably should be over Sayuri Rei's death.

Yeah sure, it's a bad loss. She was a great asset to our team. She was powerful, clever, and knew her way around a gun which is always useful.

But we'd only had her a few days and I just really can't understand why so many people are so upset about loosing Rei...

Dazai's got his head in his hands when I walk into the office holding a bag of barbecue chips. He's slouching too – Dazai never slouches.

He must be... crushed.

Okay, now I kinda feel bad for him.

"Ranpo, Dazai," The President steps into the room and we both look over at him. "I have a new mission for you."

Dazai sighs and stands, "Fine, but I want a snack first." He crosses, the room, and takes the bag of chips out of my hands.

"Hey-!"

The President cuts me off as Dazai crunches on the chips, "Ranpo, you'll be taking the lead on this mission."

I tilt my head.

"It's a murder mystery – Your specialty."