I Secretly Break Out A Dangerous Prisoner

Chuuya Nakahara

"Chuuya, Yuma, please! Help me!"

I turn my head downwards, trying tot ignore Rei's cries and sobs. She's chained against one of the walls in the holding cell, and she's experiencing what the Port Mafia does to traitors – Only, she's on the recieving end.

It pains me to see one of my... friends... in so much agony. Yuma's watching, her face expressionless, cold as stone, though tears stream down her face. She subtly slips her hand into mine and I give her hand a squeeze.

The man who's inside the cell with Rei is using some sort of air manipulation to half choke her as he strikes her with blades. She's bloodied, her once-red hair starting to loose it's color.

He's torturing her. He has been for the past three weeks.

And Yuma and I are forbidden to stop it. It's a sign of weakness if we do.

But her screams make my heart squeeze. It pains me.

I close my eyes.

"Yuma! Chuuya! Please!" She cries again... Until she's knocked out from lack of air.

Five Weeks Later

Every day that man goes in Rei's cell and hurts her. Yuma and I have had enough.

Rei has three broken ribs, a broken arm, and I'm pretty sure her foot is broken too.

But we're done. We can't sit around and let them hurt her.

And that's why we're breaking a very important rule: We're breaking out a traitor.

We hurry down the halls – Both of us in sweats and T-shirts – And make our way to where the holding cells are.

Rei's passed out in a puddle of dried blood, her hair starch white, her skin pale, breathing shallow. Yuma glances at the person guarding her cell and doesn't even seem to think twice as she gives me a small nod. I plug my ears with my fingers and I only see her lips begin to move with song. Suddenly the guard is on the floor, unconscious, and Yuma has the keys to the cell. I drop my hands to my sides and join her by the door.

The cell is unlocked and we rush in to quickly take her out. Earlier, I pulled a car around back and now we carry Rei through the halls, clinging to the shadows and out of the way of the security cameras. Once we finally reach the back door, we break into an awkward jog, carrying Rei's broken body between us, until we reach the car. Yuma sits with her in the back, and I drive. We make our way through the dark city to the closest hospital, and all we do is leave Rei on the front steps and drive away...