28.

"sorry i've been so busy recently." matt said from the driver's seat in his car. we were both finally free today so we decided to hang out because we haven't been able to recently. alone, of course.

"i get it. don't worry." i smiled. we had decided to go to a cafe first. the car ride there was filled with conversations between us. even though we lived together and hung out everyday we never ran out of things to talk about. he still had so much to catch me up on with all of the photo shoots and brand deals him and his brothers had been doing. it was nice to finally just have some one on one time with him.

we had finally arrived at the cafe. it was one we both hadn't tried since moving to la.

"i'll have two iced vanilla lattes please." matt told the cashier and held up the number two with his fingers. he passed a 20 to the cashier before even hearing what the price was.

"thank you, matty. i'll get yours next time." i smiled.

"yeah right. when was the last time you paid for my drink?" he chuckled. i hit his arm with my elbow.

"shut up." i replied. we walked over to the other side of the counter to wait for our coffees.

"want to sit down when our drinks are done? or do you want to do something else?" matt had asked me.

"i saw there was a bookstore across the street. do you want to go there?" i suggested, excitingly.

"sure! i'm not getting any books though." he laughed.

"yeah yeah. matt sturniolo is not a reader." i laughed back.

"hey, i could be if i wanted to." he defended himself.

"yeah right."

"don't doubt me." he looked at me.

i crossed my arms and cocked my eyebrow at him. egging him on was kind of fun. "oh, but i do. how about we both get a book and we see who finishes it first."

"that's not fair! i have a busy week."

"real readers make time for their books though. but fine, i'll read two and you can read one." i pointed at him. "deal?" i held out my hand for him to shake it.

"deal."

"two iced vanilla lattes!"

"have you found any books yet?" i whispered as i found matt in an aisle, looking through books.

"no. i still don't know how this is fair. you're gonna pick easy books!"

"i'll pick two harder books and you can pick one easier read. just to make it even more fair."

"fine." he said, still studying the books.

"here." i grabbed his hand and dragged him to a different aisle of books. "what about this?" i picked out the first hunger games book.

"char, this is some girly shit." he looked at the book.

"no it isn't! anyone can read it. and the series is really good." i said.

"is it actually?" he asked flipping through the book.

"yes, they're pretty easy to get through too."

"can i pick yours?" he asked.

"yeah, sure." he walked over to a sign that said 'classics'

"hmmm." he looked through all the books before grabbing a couple. "what about these?"

i took the books from his hands 'pride and prejudice' and 'persuasion' both by jane austen. "okay, i've never actually read these."

we walked up to counter and handed the guy working our books.

"matt!" i gasped.

"what?" he spun around

"look!" i pointed at a photo booth in the corner of the book store. matt grabbed our bags from the counter and followed me over there. "we have to take pictures. i love these things!"

i pulled the curtain and climbed into it, matt followed me in. i shoved two dollar bills into it. the numbers counted down and we posed for the camera. we hopped out of the booth and waited for our pictures to spit out.

"hey!" matt yelled at me when i grabbed both of the strips before he had the chance to.

"here." i handed one of them to him and we looked at the pictures. "these are so cute." i admired them.

as we got back into the van, matt pulled his mirror down and stuck the strip of pictures into it. "now whenever i'm blinded by the sun, i'll think of you."

"how sweet." i laughed

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾

i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! thank you guys so much for almost 200k reads! that is absolutely crazy! the book might sadly be coming to an end just because i haven't had too many ideas on what to keep writing about. idk i haven't decided yet. don't forget though i have another matt fanfic! you can read that one too!